“Not recommended.”

Sol Duc Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular hot spring.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The whole facility seems to be on deferred maintenance plan. What a shame. There is no pride here. Stairs out front hadn't been swept the entire summer it seemed. Pools seemed run down. Staff could care less. Children with swim diapers allowed in mineral pools by lifeguards despite signs that said they are only permitted in the main chlorinated pool. That is just extremely unsanitary. My husband spoke with the lifeguards about it and they didn't seem to care. We had burgers at the poolside grill. The tables were filthy. My $10 burger served by an employee with bandaged shaking fingers had a totally stale bun. I asked for it to be replaced and the replacement bun had green mold on it. Not to mention for a family of 4 to swim here it was $45. Our stale lunch was $48. We left after an hour. Waste of time and money.

1  Thank skippie_8

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My idea of a Hot Shring is nothing like what was there. A long drive from my campsite for nothing. It is just a pool with many kids in it. There was gross stuff floating everywhere. I decided not to go in. I headed back done the hill and had a tail gate picnic on the side of the road. Parking is terrible there, especially if you have a large camper.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went here after a day hiking at Hurricane Ridge. Great way to relax. There are 3 pools of various temperatures around 90 degrees to 106 degrees. There is also a large pool which is about 80 degrees. There are nice lockers to change your clothes and also showers to use afterwards.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Came with my kids (4 and 7) and husband for a day trip. Decided to do the short (.8 mile) hike up to Sol Doc Falls first to work up a sweat - what a wonderful hike. With so much to see - logs, slugs, chipmunks, rocks, small waterfalls, bridges - it took us more than an hour to make it to the stunning falls (only about 15-20 minutes back! the kids were excited to get to the pools!)

The pools were great, clean. We were there on a weekday, but it was around Fourth of July, so thought it might be more crowded.

The only downside was the shower areas were not very clean. This place is definitely under-appreciated!

1  Thank KCRidihalgh
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The place is a little run down, but my family still enjoyed stopping by the pools. It can be somewhat crowded. But my kids liked swimming in the big pool and we were surrounded by beautiful trees. The hot spring pools were fine. We needed a break from hiking and this was a good spot and activity for a few hours.