“Highlight of our Weekend!”
Review of Rialto Beach

Rialto Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Pacific coast beach.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I saw this was highly recommended on here before we left. We wanted to do a few other things in a limited amount of time so we asked a few locals in Forks if it was worth the drive. After a couple of odd comments, ("I guuuueesssss..." and "I haven't been there in 20 years!") we got a real ringing endorsement from a grocery store cashier. She said it was a must! So we drove out there.

It's really only 20 minutes from Forks. Why wouldn't locals go more regularly than every 20 years??? It's GORGEOUS!

Large driftwood lines the beach and the waves were amazing. We had rubber boots on so we were able to run around in the foam and tide as it was coming in. So many great photo opportunities. There was a storm coming in so the black clouds in the distance added a cool spooky atmosphere.

We walked as far as we could before the waves stopped us but I'm sure at low tide it would be a nice long jaunt. Highly recommended. I could stare at the waves all day long but we had other things to see and do. I had to be almost dragged away from the view. :-)

1  Thank HatRez

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Went down to Rialto beach this weekend, had a blast. The sun was out, people were hiking around the rocks and the weather was not so bad either, the location has lot's of parking and it's easy to find.

2  Thank Robson R
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I'll preface this with a quick note that I'm from Florida. That being, said I really didn't find this beach to be that attractive. I visited in early August and was surprised how foggy and dreary it was. There is (literally) tons and tons of rather unattractive driftwood that you have to climb over to get to the beach from the parking lot. The sea stacks weren't really visible from the beach (thank you fog). Much of the "sand" is razor sharp shells (so come prepared to walk the beach in shoes). As a Floridian, the beach was definitely exotic, but I didn't find it all that beautiful. If I ever return, I'll give another beach in the park a shot again and hope for better weather.

1  Thank Kerr767
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I love this beach. I first hiked it in 1980, then returned a few years later for a backpacking trip along the beach to Ozette Lake. I remember the shoreline changing from flat stones, to pea gravel, to big slippery rocks, constantly changing as we hiked.

This time I took my wife there for her first time. Despite freezing temperatures and a bitter cold wind, we both agreed that it’s a beautiful beach.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Go here! This beach has ridiculously easy access, it is just off the 101. We liked that it was just about a 3-5 minute walk down from the parking lot to the beach. Once down there, it was like we were in another world! (granted I only know beaches in Galveston, TX) We made sure to get there right before sunset. I gotta tell you it was absolutely stunning. I think this was my favorite place in Olympic National Park. My bf and I couldn't stop taking pictures of the beach and the lovely sunset.

1  Thank SobeG