“RV camping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Log Cabin Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olympic National Park
Log Cabin Resort
You added Log Cabin Resort to your Saves list
Seattle, Washington, United States
“RV camping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay this past weekend, opening weekend. I had to say it was pleasant and would have been super if the rain wasn't a factor, but it is the Northwest. Our RV site was the best backed up right to the lake and we had a beautiful view. The staff was still new and learning the computer system but they did a great job.
Their restaurant is pricey. $13.00 for a burger! It was good, but not worth the $13.00
There is a $25 fee per pet, didn't know that so I am glad I didn't bring my dog.
Plus whatever trash you make, you have to pack and take with you in the end which bites!
RV site was nice but they really need to level in front to back not just side to side.
So besides these few little things, I think it was a nice place but I would definitely would not rent their cabins, they look too run down and the people we met who were staying in them, did not have good things to say about them. However, my choices and your choices are different. I'm just very picky:)

Oh and you can't pick your spot they pick it for you which I do not like at all.
Other than that so far, so good. Look forward to going back in July

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

we took our young kid to this place. no TV, no Wi-fi. plenty of nature, trail, birds, clear and calm water.

we stayed at the queen beds room, the room is not updated, most of the appliance worked. if you are picky, it might not be the place for you. It has its backdoor to the front of the lake. and a nice lawn for kid to run free. boat rental is right on site, it is great fun.

the breakfast was fresh and tasty, though a little pricy ($10 for kid under 13). we had diner one night, the burgers are OK.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We absolutely loved the rustic cabins. No bathrooms inside, just the shared bathrooms. It had a shower stall so better than camping. Electricity and heat was awesome.
Prices a bit spendy at the restaurant but we drove to a local cafe and loved it there. I wish I knew the showers took quarters. I would have stocked up and there's only one shower so you so have to wait. I also didn't realize there was a laundry on-site so bring laundry soap and more quarters.
There's no water on cabin site. We had to borrow a camp sites spout to clean our dishes but happy it had a bbq pit.
The front desk wasnt very helpful in knowledge but they were nice enough.

I've read the complaints before booking and honestly don't understand them. I mean, you kind of know what you're getting if you look into it. Way better than a tent and worth it, while still maintaining the outdoors atmosphere. The lake is gorgeous, just be ready for goose poop in the lawn. it is Washington afterall.
I can't wait to go back and this is coming from someone who doesn't really enjoy camping. This was a happy medium between my husband and I since he loves it

• Stayed July 2012
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

There are a few types of accommodations in this resort. There's hotel rooms, bigger cabins with kitchenettes, A frame chalets, RV and tent camping site, and the smaller cabins with no kitchen and shared bath. We stayed in the small cabins with shared bath and no kitchen. There is a picnic table in front and a fire pit. So it's like half camping I suppose or very much like camping in a yurt but cuter coz it's a log cabin. The resort is right on lake crescent so your view of the lake is pretty spectacular. The cabins have 2 double beds with linens and pillows, a couple lamps, a cute little desk and electricity. That was great coz we used used our cellphones (good cell reception!) to watch movies on Netflix :). It was a pretty idyllic place. The cabins are charmingly rustic and since I love to camp, I thought staying here was such a perfect getaway. My husband and I had a great time- there's tons of hiking trails in Olympic NP and we even had lunch at Lake Crescent Lodge (which is gorgeous) and had great food. They had a blackberry soup which sounds weird but really tasty! Anyways back to the cabin- like I said, it is like camping so you only have a public restroom and pay showers. The firepit is nice and we made our own food in our camp stove. And it was the cheapest (besides the camp sites) accommodations in the resort- around 70 a night.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank travelbug_407
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We chose the Log Cabin Resort because we heard Lake Crescent was beautiful and we needed a place to stop for the night near Port Angeles but cheaper than the Lake Crescent Lodge. We rented a rustic cabin that had 2 beds and a bathroom for $117 plus taxes - WAY TO MUCH MONEY for the quality. Why? 1 - We also booked here because we knew we would be arriving late but they had a restaurant onsite so could eat there. However, when we arrived, we were told it had closed for the season?!! Their web site nor reservationist shared this fact. 2 - We understood our room would be rustic, but never expected for this price a double bed would be soooooooooooo uncomfortable/lumpy/sagging. The room cold. Or that the doorways were not even 6'1" (warning to taller guests). 3 - The front desk closes at 9pm (or in our case, at 8pm after the last registered guest checked in); This means little help, like in our case when the cabin front door got stuck. (Or if the laudromat is needed, much to the lament of another guest.) With the beautiful natural landscape, there is potential here, especially for families. But work is needed first to warrant the rates being charged. The only reasons the Log Cabin Resort is not rated Terrible here? Our cabin was clean, and staying in an individual unit makes for a quiet night on the road. But would sleep in the car before paying this price for the type/lack of accmoodations and services here. Next time will spend the extra $ at Lake Quinault Lodge which is incredible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnnCan_8
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I love Log Cabin Resort and have been coming every Labor Day for 4 years, but this was the last year. We always rent a rustic sleeping cabin and the beds have never been super comfortable, but this last trip, it was downright painful. We ended up sleeping on opposite edges to avoid being rolled into the VERY depressed middle and both woke up with back pain. Even that we might have forgiven, but we found rodent-gnawed graham crackers from a previous guest on the floor near the bed. Obviously housecleaning is not a top priority, and that level of ick I can't forgive. We love the location, but new ownership took over this year and the fact that it is no longer family-owned shows. To top it off, when I got my bill there was a $250 meal charge that was definitely not ours. I was told it would be removed, but that the manager was not available at that time to remove it, so it would be credited to my credit card later. I'm still waiting.

Room Tip: Book a camping spot and bring your own room. I wouldn't stay in theirs again. At least I know...