“The highlight of our Olympic National Park trip”

and 1 more site!
Lake Crescent Lodge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We spent one night at Lake Crescent Lodge during our trip to Olympic National Park and only wish we could spend more time there. It's right by the lakeside with easy access to severa nice trails in the forest and along the lake. We stayed at Marymere Room, which is the cheapest option they have, but we like it a lot. The room is quite large and closet to beach among all rooms. Restrant in the main building serves decent food and the service is excellent. Don't miss Lake Crescent Lodge. It's the highlight of our Olympic National Park trip.

Room Tip: We booked a Marymere Room which is by the lakeside and completely fine despite it's one of the c...
2  Thank lvwei1123

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a beautiful lodge that sits right on the shore of Lake Crescent. The whole area is simply spectacular. The cottages are simple but very nice. The beds were comfortable and the whole room was very clean and well kept. The lodge itself is beautiful. Their dining room is lovely and the food was delicious!

This location is also at the foot of many beautiful hiking trails of all levels of difficulty.

We totally enjoyed our stay here, and hope we can return soon!

2  Thank jmbratto
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I pulled in to the lodge on a whim at 4:00 p.m. and they were able to find me a room. The rooms are rustic inside the lodge, but very charming. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. The only complaint I have is the paper thin walls in the main lodge. You could easily hear everything that happened in adjoining rooms. Not sure how this could be resolved in a building on the historic register, but it would be great if they could fix that without destroying the charm of the room. Next time I would get one of the cabins.
Overall, definitely worth visiting. One of the most beautiful spots I have been too.

Room Tip: Don't get a room in the main lodge if you want quiet and privacy. Get one of the cabins
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank MLK59
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The location and the lodge are picture perfect. We stayed three nights in a Marymere motel style room with two very comfortable queen size beds. Our second floor room with a balcony overlooked a lawn and a partial view of the lake. The room was good size and very clean. The bathroom area had two separate sinks, one in the dressing area and one in the room with the tub/shower. I don't recall ever seeing this in a hotel room before and it was an ideal set-up. The sound proofing in the building was pretty good, but that did not help much when there are neighbors either beside or below you that leave there windows open or sit on their balcony/patio talking loudly until midnight, or are yelling at there children all hours of the day. It continues to amaze me that people don't realize/care how loud talking/shouting in hotels/motels can be heard by everyone around them.The food in the restaurant was average and high-priced. The service was very SLOW, which would seem to indicate the kitchen is either understaffed at meal times or poorly organized. We would definitely consider staying at this lodge again due to the location, rooms, and activities that are available at the lake and in the area.

Room Tip: If staying in a Marymere or Storm King room, ask for a second floor room since they have better view...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hollywoodguy540
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was a bit nervous about staying here after reading some other reviews, but our trip and the lodge were fantastic. We stayed in a Marymere room for one night (I loved the location of these over the other properties). We were steps away from the lake and have no complaints. The room was immaculately clean. The bed was totally comfortable (way better than many nice hotels I've stayed in!) I could barely hear voices from next door. Yes, you'll hear a little bit of noise, but nothing worse than most Marriott hotels I've stayed at. Also, even though the room is relatively simple...just remember, you're lucky to be able to sleep in this type of comfort when usually your options for sleeping surrounded by this type of beautiful scenery is a campground...you know...pit toilets, lucky to have running water, etc... So, enjoy the historic lodge and the beautiful views...your room will be one of the furthest things from your mind. HOWEVER, one note of caution. I noticed a comment about double-checking your room reservation directly with the hotel (not the 1-800 number). I would recommend doing this as well. They messed up our reservation, and we were fortunate it all got worked out because I had called. Also, the staff was super helpful and fun to talk to. Remember, most of them are not making a lot of $$ to do these jobs. They're interested in travel and meeting new people. So, be friendly and personable yourself and you'll meet interesting people/staff. Treat them like people not "hired help" and you'll likely be pleasantly surprised. :)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 107MakaelaS
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed here in mid-June in a Marymere room for one night with my three young children...and the following morning none of us wanted to leave. The property felt like walking onto a movie set the Dirty Dancing...a family style camp a la 1960s. Our room itself was decent. It wasn't extravagant, but it was clean and comfortable. The main lodge was welcoming and the staff were very friendly. The food was excellent (loved the halibut). But the real magic was the lack of TVs. Instead of retreating to their rooms after dinner, guests were out and about, interacting with one another. We met so many people and my kids had a ball running, playing and throwing rocks into the lake with the other kids they met. It was nice to be able to sit back with a drink and let them enjoy themselves while I chatted with the other adults. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay here. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank Amy D
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed at 3 lodges on the Olympic Peninsula in June, with Lake Crescent Lodge being the first. The lodge has a nice setting next to the large lake and also has a nice descriptive trail where you can learn about the trees, flowers and wildlife of the Olympic National Forest. Also, there is a nice short hike to Marymere Falls that starts from near the lake and a 20+ minute drive away takes you to a trail to Sol Doc Falls. We really enjoyed both these short hikes, doing them both in the same afternoon.

My only complaint about the lodge was the inadequate amount of staff, making waits to check in and to get seating at the restaurant quite long. The food at the restaurant in the lodge was decent, but not quite as good as the other lodges we stayed at (Lake Quinault was the best!) I would definitely stay at this lodge again. A one night stay while doing a loop around the peninsula is just right!

4  Thank Flyingm0nkeys
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles
Port Angeles Inn
Port Angeles Inn
#4 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Lake Crescent Lodge? Share your experiences!