“Marymere Rooms at Lake Crescent Lodge on Lake Crescent”

and 1 more site!
Lake Crescent Lodge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed for one night in early October 2012. What a beautiful location! We could have stayed longer. It was the most peaceful setting to launch our anniversary vacation.
The Lake Crescent Lodge offers a variety of rooms for your pickin. I was between the Storm King rooms or the Marymere. I wanted comfort and a view. The Marymere rooms are all facing the lake so you can't go wrong with those. The strom kind ones are not! We got the bed and breakfast package. Totaled about $220 for one night.
The Lodge. Its operated by aramark so expect that grade of products and amenities. But if you are visiting Olympic national park, you are prob not gonna be in the room that much! The lodge has a bar, restaurant, lobby, and gift shop. The lobby is warm and welcoming with a fireplace going and friendly staff. The bar serves food til 11pm! Food was tasty and fresh! The biggest mussels ever! So we had a late night meal there and breakfast the next AM. Both were very good. The B&B deal I got had a limit of 20 per person said the server, which was never told to me. I just said that and they comped the entire breakfast ($65)! So great service and setting. You can't go wrong!

Room Tip: Marymere Rooms face the lake!
1  Thank Ritu N
Todd G, General Manager at Lake Crescent Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you return often.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed one night at one of the "Historic Lake Crescent Lodge Rooms" which are located on the second floor of the lodge with a central bathroom/shower (separated by gender). The shared bathroom and shower were very clean; I chose to shower at night so I wouldn't need to worry about the rush in the morning. The room was "rustic" and the decor fit well with the rest of the lodge; it had a sink, comfortable double bed, coffee maker, and radio (there's no TV). The window opened up to Lake Crescent in the back, and I could hear the waves crashing through the window, which was rather nice; on the other hand, my room was located close to the men's shower/bathroom, which was a bit bothersome. Didn't dine at the restaurant as I heard the prices were a bit high for the food value. If I ever visit the park again, would stay again if for one or two nights.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Patricia M

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. Next time you stay, I encourage you to try the restaurant. Yes some items may be pricey, but you will find we have a variety of options to meet most traveler's budgets and appetites. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We spent two nights in one of the Singer Tavern Cottages. The cabin was wonderful! We had two queen beds, a small table with two chairs sat in the front window and faced the lake. This was a great place to play games and have breakfast in the morning. There was a sofa height table with a mirror above it. The table had a coffee maker and a shelf below that helped hold some of our food and snacks. Also there was a nice sized closet in the room. Very nice front porch with chairs and an amazing view of the lake. We loved the lodge with all of its charm. Ate one meal at the restaurant. Good food and service in a very nice atmosphere. Very relaxing to sit by the fire or sit on the front porch and just soak in the moment. If you carry the spirit of the National Parks in your heart you will love this place!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ddnagshead

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We appreciate those who love our lodge and National Parks as much as we do. Return often!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The view from our rooms at the Marymere were priceless however the rooms themselves require some much needed updating. We were there in October and the beds didn't even have a good blanket or duvet on them, also the pillows are not comfortable so bring your own. The historic lodge is a beautiful place to relax. The fire is always going and the sun room has the view of the lake. The restaurant staff are friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. It's not cheap but it is worth every dollar and again you can eat looking out over the lake. The trails to see the waterfall are gorgeous and easy going. If the rooms were updated I would give this resort 5 stars as the staff, lodge and location are wonderful.

Room Tip: Perhaps choose the historic lodge to stay in as it has great atmosphere and views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank katslowe
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was a last minute change in our plans around the Olympic Peninsula that was worth it! The place felt like we had gone back in time. The charm of the lodge and the helpful staff will have us staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

We cannot wait for your next trip. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

what a beautiful setting. We stayed in a Roosevelt Cabin for two nights and this is really a special place. I have stayed in other Park Service concessions and this one is much nicer than any I've stayed in the past. The facility is great, the quality is surprising, the staff are friendly. My only hesitation is that the restaurant is probably trying to be better than it is, and the prices for food and drinks are quite a bit higher than the value.

Room Tip: if you can get the Roosevelt Cabins, do it. worth the extra money. The other places are OK, but th...
2  Thank rrrast
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Lake Crescent Lodge is a wonderful place to stay. It is right on a pristine lake, and is an easy drive from Port Angeles. Our cabin was very comfortable, and had two separate rooms. The privacy was nice to have, and the cabin was clean, simple, and lovely. The Lodge was a great place the hang out - the bar was open all the time, and also served the full dining room menu. It was great fun to sit on the sun porch, sipping a mint julep and looking over the lake. It really felt like going back in time!

One day when we were there, the activities sign said "This week is the 75th Anniversary of FDR's visit to Lake Crescent Lodge." I could really imagine him there, as I don't think it has changed all that much in the intervening time.

There are lots of beautiful hikes in the area, and we had a great time canoeing on the lake. I wish we had had even more time. We were there 5 nights, and by the end of the time, I felt like I had just sorted out all the fun things I wanted to do some more of.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
A Hidden Haven Bed and Breakfast
Domaine Madeleine
Domaine Madeleine
#3 of 14 in Port Angeles

Been to Lake Crescent Lodge? Share your experiences!