“Just amazing”

Lake Crescent Lodge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was a last minute change in our plans around the Olympic Peninsula that was worth it! The place felt like we had gone back in time. The charm of the lodge and the helpful staff will have us staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Todd G, General Manager at Lake Crescent Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

We cannot wait for your next trip. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

what a beautiful setting. We stayed in a Roosevelt Cabin for two nights and this is really a special place. I have stayed in other Park Service concessions and this one is much nicer than any I've stayed in the past. The facility is great, the quality is surprising, the staff are friendly. My only hesitation is that the restaurant is probably trying to be better than it is, and the prices for food and drinks are quite a bit higher than the value.

Room Tip: if you can get the Roosevelt Cabins, do it. worth the extra money. The other places are OK, but th...
2  Thank rrrast
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Lake Crescent Lodge is a wonderful place to stay. It is right on a pristine lake, and is an easy drive from Port Angeles. Our cabin was very comfortable, and had two separate rooms. The privacy was nice to have, and the cabin was clean, simple, and lovely. The Lodge was a great place the hang out - the bar was open all the time, and also served the full dining room menu. It was great fun to sit on the sun porch, sipping a mint julep and looking over the lake. It really felt like going back in time!

One day when we were there, the activities sign said "This week is the 75th Anniversary of FDR's visit to Lake Crescent Lodge." I could really imagine him there, as I don't think it has changed all that much in the intervening time.

There are lots of beautiful hikes in the area, and we had a great time canoeing on the lake. I wish we had had even more time. We were there 5 nights, and by the end of the time, I felt like I had just sorted out all the fun things I wanted to do some more of.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AmyLPDX
Reviewed October 15, 2012

While we were not able to stay at any of the lodges overnight, we were able to visit Lake Crescent, Kalaloch and Quinault in early October of 2012. One thing became apparent to us. The whole Olympic Peninsula experience is one of getting away from the rat race and, thanks to these lodges, being able to step back in time to a more graceful period of our history. Our suggestion is to plan ahead and pay any extra for the chance to experience this grace. Of the three, we loved the location of Crescent Lodge the best - a beautiful lake surrounded by mountains. Serene and lovely. We are not comfortable giving them 5 stars because we did not stay overnight, but suspect we would have given them the five stars had we.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at the Lake Crescent Lodge on a trip around the Washington National Parks in September and October. I wouldn't give the lodge four stars when compared to nicer hotels and B&Bs I've stayed out, but it's a four star when compared with other NP lodging I've visited (Old Faithful Inn, Bryce Lodge, Zion Lodge, Paradise Inn, Ross Lake, Kalaloch Lodge).

Based on reviews on Trip Advisor and National Parks Traveler, I decided to book a room in the Marymere building (single-story motel on the lake). The room was clean and recently renovated, including a large updated bathroom, with a lovely view of the lake. The room was rather spartan with two queen beds, a dresser, nightstand and bench, but we did have plenty of room to spread out. The walls were thin like many NP lodgings (I could hear a neighbor snoring through the bathroom), but it was quiet in the bedroom area. We did have an end unit, so it may be louder if you have a room somewhere in the middle (or during high-season).

It was a short walk to the charming main lodge where the food was pricey, but also *much* better than any I've had at any other lodge. Overall it was clean and comfy and I would recommend a stop here when visiting the north side of Olympic.

1  Thank LeavesTooOften
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Lake Crescent Lodge is a wonderful place to stay. The view and the setting are lovely. The room was what we expected from a National Park Lodge, not luxurious, but a good size, clean, comfortable and quiet. We stayed in the StormKing rooms. The rooms are very simple and basic, but clean. There is just a bed and small bath. There is a coffee maker, but no fridge and no luggage rack in the room. It has a nice view of the lake. You can park behind the building so it’s easy to bring in the luggage. This building of rooms is’nt attached to the main lodge, but you had to walk just 100 meters over for the main building. The lodge is set far from the highway so it's very quiet, terrific location in the forest, accessible to hiking and activities. The lodge overlooks the beautiful Lake Crescent. The lodge is charming with a large fireplace, beautiful lake views and a small gift shop. There is free wifi in the lodge. The lodge restaurant was fine for both breakfast and dinner, with plenty of menu choices. It has large windows with great views, the food was very good and staff friendly and fun. The staff at the reception is helpful and informative too.
The StormKing rooms are fine, but I would also recommend checking out the cabins. The lodge is beautiful but many rooms share a bath and maybe a little overprized; I suggest the cabins because the ambiance may be better than StormKing.
If you are going to the Olympic National Forest, I would definitely recommend this lodge and have time to enjoy the lake and hiking nearby.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GORILLAS63
Reviewed October 11, 2012

the walls in the rooms, which are themselves quite lovely, are so thin, that unless you are the heaviest sleeper, good luck. i could literally hear the woman next door breathing, not even snoring. other side was someone with a bad cough. i barely got any sleep at all. then my neighbors got up at 4.30 and talking in their normal voices woke me up.
the cabins could be better, if you can afford them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles
Domaine Madeleine
Domaine Madeleine
#3 of 14 in Port Angeles

Been to Lake Crescent Lodge? Share your experiences!