“Snowy day @ Mount Rainer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Discover Nature, LLC - Private Tours

Discover Nature, LLC - Private Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in small group day tours to Mount Rainier National Park. We pick you up at your South Puget Sound hotel or local Park-n-Ride in our clean and comfortable touring van. With our small group size, we can cater the day to your desires and offer more time at locations of your choice. During your tour you will have the opportunity to hike in old growth forests, feel the mist of thundering waterfalls, look for pika, marmot, fox, deer, bear and other wildlife; learn about glaciers and native trees, hear about the colorful people who pioneered the creation of the park, and of course, stand in awe at the sight of magnificent Mt. Rainier!
London, United Kingdom
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Snowy day @ Mount Rainer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I had a spare day to go and see the mountain. It was snowy and rainy and not the best conditions, but Diane agreed to take me out on my own anyway.

The trip ran really smooth, we went for a hike in snow shoes and enjoyed seeing some of the mountain (limited views with the weather)

Dianne is very friendly, very knowledgeable, flexible in her approach, and can cater for many interests or types of trips. After ringing a few companies she was the only one who would run a trip that day.

I had a great time, and would highly recommend Dianne and her company to anyone going. While it is a little more expensive that the bigger tours, the personal nature of it and flexibility makes it worth the extra cash.

Visited February 2014
Diann S, Owner at Discover Nature, LLC - Private Tours, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
A snowy day indeed! Thank you so much for writing a review so quickly Rich. It was certainly a pleasure to spend the day with someone who loves the outdoors and snow as much as I do. I appreciated your adventurous spirit and another reminded of why I do what I do.

I enjoyed learning about your past and upcoming adventures as well. Thank you for your suggestions of places to visit during my future travels. I wish you many wonderful journeys and safe returns.

Thank you again for taking my tour to Mt. Rainier and for your very thoughtful review.

Perth, Australia
“very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

we had always wanted to see the national parks around Seattle but don't really enjoy doing the "Big group" thing. We booked this trip and then one of us became quite ill with the flu! we decided to go ahead anyway and were really glad we did. It is not easy dealing with one overenthusiastic person and another who feels like hell, but Diann easily accommodated us, individualising it so that we could do just enough and not too much. We had a great day, saw and did everything we wanted, but did not push our sick member beyond his limits. Diann was also a great fund of knowledge. We would highly recommend this tour.

Visited February 2014
Thank you Robert for your gracious review. I appreciate that you took the time out of your travels to write and share about your tour to the beautiful Mt. Rainier National Park. It was indeed a pleasure to meet you and Maree. I am delighted that we were able to see as much of the Park as we did and at a pace that worked for both of you. I trust all the fresh air helped speed up the recovery needed for your next adventures. I enjoyed learning about your numerous travels and look forward to visiting some of the places you both suggested. Happy travels to you both and thank you again for your time.
Utica, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“For those who don't want a large slow-moving group experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I booked this trip during a week's stay in Seattle. My husband and I had decided not to rent a car and were hoping there was some kind of public transportation to Mt. Rainier. We're both very active people, independent travelers, and we didn't want to be confined in a bus full of people who are exhausted after walking for 5 minutes. We wanted a way to get to the park and the freedom to do as we wished once we got there. The one catch was that Diann leaves from Tacoma and we were in Seattle. Luckily there is great public transportation in the area; Diann picked us up at the bus stop and off we went! Diann's knowledge and enthusiasm are impressive and contagious. We did some short walks and a hike of several miles; she was able to answer any question we had for her, and put up with some of our (well, my husband's) idiosyncrasies, like GPS-ing how far we had walked and wondering where in the world we'd be able to find a place with good beer before we returned to Tacoma. Diann guided us to a place with beer (and pie!) for a perfect end to a perfect day.

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Diann S, Owner at Discover Nature, LLC - Private Tours, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your trip to Mt. Rainier with us last year. We appreciate hearing back from our guests and know that your comments will help others decide if this is a trip for them. We certainly take pride in being able to offer a customized tour. It was a pleasure to meet both of you and share your passion for adventure on many levels. Thank you for introducing us to the idea of combing beer and pie! May you enjoy many more perfect travels ~

cheers ~ Diann
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent day tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Great day tour in a very small group with a women who clearly loves the mountain very much. Because the group is small, there is a lot of freedom in the tour. The mountain is lovely, not built up at all and hikes for all levels. Overall a very pleasant day. Diann was also kind enough to refund my mother for the tour when she wasn't feeling well the day before the tour. You wouldn't get that service on a big tour group.

Note that the tours leave from Tacoma, rather than Seattle central. If you are in Seattle, you'll have to take an easy hour bus ride to meet Diann.

Visited September 2013
Diann S, Owner at Discover Nature, LLC - Private Tours, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you Alyssa for your review and taking the time to share your experience with others. I truly appreciate your passionate review. Sharing our beautiful National Park with others is definitely the best experience in the World. We definitely had a perfect day to explore the many aspects of the Park. The only thing missing was your mum ~

Perhaps the both of you will return for another adventure! Enjoy the rest of your year and more travel adventures.

Cheers,
Regensburg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nature's beauty at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Visiting Mt.Rainier National Park with Diann was a life-time memory. We visited so many beautiful places in the park - old grown forests with lots of delicious berries to taste, river creeks, a waterfall with rainbow, lush alpine meadows full of wildflowers... After not even half of the day I was running out of words as "omg!" and "how beautiful!" didn't even express what I saw. And we were lucky with the weather as that gorgeous mountain showed for most of the day. Diann gave lots of good information on the history of the park and plant and animal species. This was a most diversified daytrip seeing beautiful landmarks of the National Park, learning new things from Diann and a little museum, a little bit of hiking and in between the time to relax as one gets driven around most comfortably. That trip was worth every penny! Thanks, Diann!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank LeonieSchaefer
Thank you Leonie for taking the time to write a review of your recent trip to Mt. Rainier National Park. I truly enjoyed sharing The Mountain with you and experiencing your passion for our amazing plant world. I am glad you had the chance to see many beautiful plants for the first time ~ familiar Genus and Families, but unique to North America. I thank you for teaching me some new things as well.

I wish you many more happy, adventurous travels. Thank you again for taking my tour and sharing your experience with others.

Happy travels,