“Gondola-Mt Ranier”

Crystal Mountain Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: An alpine ski resort in the Washington Cascades.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

WOW! If you really want to see Mt Ranier you need to take a ride on the new Gondola. It is a 10 minute ride to the top and costs 20 dolllars. It is worth the price! If you get a chance take the free ranger walk. Our ranger was Ian and he was fantastic and had great information!

1  Thank DonHalazon
"excellent view"
"washington state"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We rode the gondola up to top of Crystal. What a fantastic experience. I was apprehensive about the gondola at first secondary to fear of heights. I soon forgot about my fear as well as did I when we reached the top and saw Mt. Rainier right in front of us. I was in awe. I was very saddened when it was time to go. I look forward to taking this trip again.

1  Thank mschweiss
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We went to the ski resort for their summertime gondola trip up to the summit. It is a 10 - 12 minute ride 2500 ft up the mountain. The summit sits at 6,872ft. The views are spectacular and you have a 360 degree panorama of some of the most beautiful country. Mt Adams, Mt Baker, Mt St Helen's, and Mt Rainier are the most notable of the mountains to be seen. For the photographer these are definitely the best shots of Mt Rainier ever. For the hiker, there are numerous trails to enjoy. All in all, we thought it well worth the $20 per adult gondola fee. There is very little to do at the summit if you aren't a photographer or a hiker though. A small gift shop and a pricy restaurant are about it.

1  Thank Kat S
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Love the cross country trails, may not be as powdery as other ski resorts but there are a lot of amenities, refreshments, and they have a very good first aid station (I found out the hard way)