Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Got to Take our Grandchildren

What a special trip to revisit the cave with our grandchildren. They were as intrigued and... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Gran7
Crossett
via mobile
Great caves-awesome park service

The mammoth caves is the longest cave system in the world. The complete system is still being... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Piyush S

3,512 results
All reviews dripstones tour mammoth cave in advance historic tour domes dripstones visitor center self guided tour ahead of time frozen niagara stalactites and stalagmites make reservations two hours hour tour on line above ground violet city bring a jacket
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We took the historic tour. We purchased at the site, as I wasn't certain I would be comfortable on the tour due to a fear of heights. The young lady at the counter showed pictures of the areas where some people have troubles, which really put my fears to rest. Truly, there wasn't an area where my fear came into play. They aren't kidding when they say that those with a fear of tight spaces shouldn't visit though. The Fat Man's Misery and Tall Man's Folly areas are VERY tight. We had a great time with it though, as we aren't thin or short people. Our tour guide was entertaining, and shared history with a dry wit that we found funny. I would highly recommend a visit to the caves. If we had known how interesting the whole family would find the caves, we would have spend a full day and taken more than just one tour.

3  Thank kmstro
Reviewed September 1, 2013

A lovely, lesser heard about, National Park. Well I worth a visit. The park is lovely and the caves are great. The rangers that did the tours were friendly and informative. The Frozen Niagara tour showcases some wondeful stalagmite and stalactite formations and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I chose to visit Mammoth Cave as it was mid-way on a road trip. I bought my ticket online ahead of time for the "Historic Tour". The visitor center is beautiful with large, clean bathrooms. The tour guide was very punny (a mix of groans and laughs). But was very knowledgeable. The tour lasted the full hour and we wound around a number of passages. I would say the physical ratings of the tours are pretty true. This one was rated moderate. Most of the walking was fairly easy, it was the 150 stair climb back out. I can't wait to go back and take others of the tours.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is one of the most amazing national parks in all of the U.S! The tours were fun and extremely informative. Instead of just doing one tour, I recommend doing at least two. My family did the New Entrance and the Historic tours. They were both amazing, and both tours we had funny and friendly guides. Inside, the caves are very beautiful and filled with history! Around the caves, there are some small hikes/trails that were fun to explore, and some lead to some beautiful overlooks or small gravesites. The visitors center was very modern and clean. The café in the hotel nearby the visitors center sort of reminded me of something one would see in the 80's. It had a vintage vibe! Definitely visit this national park while in Kentucky!

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We decided late Saturday (1pm) to drive 1 1/2 hours to Mammoth Caves, we ended up on the last tour of the day, a 1.25 hour trip into the cave. Easily accessible big foot, but be prepared for a steep hill down to climb many steps before entering the cave.
Loved our tour guide, Ranger Jerry, who made the trip fun and educational!
Great experience for a 'last minute spare of the moment trip'.
The visitors center was one of the best maintained park visitor centers I've seen yet! Kudos !