“A Gem of a Lodge!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Clark National Park and Preserve
Redoubt Mountain Lodge
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went to Alaska in August, 2013. The one thing we HAD to do while we were there was to go on a bear-viewing adventure. We were lucky & chose Steller Air in Homer, Alaska to fly us into bear country. We had no idea what to expect-but, Wow! Our pilot, Stephanie, explained on the way over to Lake Clark National Forest & Preserve, that we would land on Crescent Lake at Redoubt Mountain Lodge. As we coasted into shore, we saw the lodge. Beautiful log cabins & lodge in this beautiful, remote area on a 9-mile long glacial lake. A few minutes later we boarded a pontoon boat with our guide, Clark. We saw bears! And lots of them! For a few wonderful hours Clark drove us around the lake to watch bears of all sizes come out of the woods in search of Salmon. We watched them play, catch fish & feed. Around noon we headed back to the lodge for a wonderfully prepared meal of salmon! Heather is a great cook & prepared the fish with a delicious, flavorful topping. The whole meal was perfect! The dining cabin was comfortable & inviting.
Even though we weren't actually staying at the lodge, the warmth & hospitality of everyone we encountered that day made us want to book a stay at Redoubt Mountain Lodge in the future-the not too distant future!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BertaMarblehead_MA

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I am sure that if you requested it, Heather and Ryan would have gotten a bag of chips for you...that is just how accommodating they were. I just visited with a group of 15 including children, and I was so impressed by the level of service and the attention to details. The staff is both knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Heather cooks up delicious meal after delicious meal...and the scenery is spectacular. To give you an idea of things, this place is very remote. It is difficult to get in there so if they don't have it, they have to get it shipped in, yet they seemed to have everything. My only regret is that I didn't get to try Heather's famous pad thai. Maybe next time. All in all it was the best of what Alaska offers and we were treated like kings and queens.

Room Tip: We got the Glacier View room and were quite happy as it tends to have the biggest bathroom and is cl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WilkeCollins
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We recently took our son and daughter-in-law for four days at Redoubt Mountain Lodge. My sone and I had flown in to Crescent Lake before for one day of fishing. So we already knew that the place was spectacularly beautiful. What we learned is that the cabins are clean and comfortable, the food is excellent, and that a guide is assigned to each cabin to help you do whatever you want to do every day. My daughter-in-law caught more fish and bigger fish than she had ever caught in her life. I indulged in my wildlife photography hobby. My wife painted the scenery.

What stood out was how smooth and effortless the whole operation was. Whatever size boots and waders you needed, they had it and it was top of the line equipment in good condition. Whenever you went to the lodge for a snack or glass of wine someone was there to take care of you. Everyone on the staff was interesting, intelligent, and competent.

1  Thank JCM
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Having visited Redoubt Mountain Lodge many times since 2003, I was excited to share my passion for the place with my teenage boys (14 & 16) and a few close friends...and our recent trip didn't disappoint! Over four days we hiked to a set of waterfalls, explored the far reaches of the creeks & rivers feeding the glacial lake, scaled a 4,000' mountain to its peak, viewed spawning Sockeye Salmon, watched a bear fish and catch salmon, caught the limit on Sockeye as well as landed several Humpies & Dollies, and enjoyed outstanding meals and service from the staff.

The majesty of the location is indescribable. Nestled on five acres on the shores of a "private" glacial lake in the middle of a national park, it truly must be seen to be appreciated. And with basically a 1:1 ratio of staff to guests and a max of 13 guests, the service is top shelf. Our group of five had two professional guides dedicated to us and available for any adventure we wanted to attempt when we wanted to attempt it. Load out for Salmon at 6:00...no problem. Climb a mountain after breakfast...let's do it!

At two per cabin, the accommodations are cozy and comfortable, and are more than adequate for the location and adventures that await the guests.

By no means do I consider myself a "world traveler", but I have spent time in Russia, China, South America, Europe, and all areas of the U.S. I first traveled to Redoubt Mountain Lodge for the fishing, but at Redoubt, the fishing is just a bonus. The surroundings, the wildlife, the staff, and the adventures that await make this one of the most amazing places I've ever visited...and I hope to return every year so long as I'm able.

2  Thank Joe F
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Redoubt is the perfect lodge. It was the most perfect place I could possibly imagine to propose to my, now, wife . Everyone is very nice and fun! Everything is clean and well maintained. The food is to die for (buffalo chicken dip is now in my recipe book) and the adventure is first class with exclusive guides who are not just good but are FUN. We love you Redoubt Mountain Lodge!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank BoisePeter
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We just returned from 4 days at Redoubt Mountain Lodge, where we fished, dined, hiked and enjoyed the company of the staff and other guests. The lodge is tucked into such a breathtakingly beautiful location - Lake Clark National Park. The log cabins are clean and cozy, the beds are comfy, the food is fantastic, and the staff is top-notch! The main lodge with fireplace and bar creates a fun place to congregate for meals to discuss the day's adventures. If you're headed to Alaska, Redoubt Mountain Lodge should definitely be your destination!

Room Tip: All the cabins are fantastic but Glacier View and The Rock are the best locations.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JLMag333
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This place is a revelation. Thank you to the staff for opening our eyes to the true beauty of the Alaskan mountain environment with its stunning lake and scenery. Ryan and Heather run a world class operation. Special mention must go to our full time guide Kitt Daly who, as well as unravelling the mysteries of fly fishing, was great to have around and we really enjoyed his company and his singing while we were on the lake, although it may have frightened the fish away!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Redoubt Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!