“Crab was awful”

$216.43*
and up
National Park Tour with Fox Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Island in the park providing a place for kayakers to rest.
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

The crab was cold and not fresh. The view was excellent and so was the prime rib. The crab killed it for me though. I am from Alaska and the crab was a bad representation of Alaska.

1  Thank Merri R

Reviewed April 6, 2013

If you book with the Kenai Fjords Company you have the option of stay at the Fox Island lodge either as a part of your tour or separately. The lodge consists of a main building which houses a gift shop and cafeteria along with some interpretive displays. The rooms consist of cabins that are placed along the beach overlooking Resurrection Bay. If you are very fortunate to have clear weather you will be treated to spectacular views of the Bay and surrounding mountains. More typically you will see fog and low hanging clouds which can also be beautiful in their own way. When staying on the island you can do some of the hikes they offer with a naturalist or kayak in and around the bay or just stroll the beach. Watch for the local Sea Otters who patrol the waters just off the beach in search of food.
Now, the staff!! If you want to be treated to exceptional service 24/7 this is the place to go. I’ve spent most of my career in the customer service business and I can honestly say that I’ve found only a few businesses that can match the level of service you get at the Fox Island Lodge. They are friendly, attentive and always looking for ways to make your stay better. The food is OUT OF THIS WORLD!! It’s almost worth a trip to the lodge just to eat there.
I’ve seen some of the negative reviews posted, but for us this stay was one of the highlights of our Alaska vacation and I would highly recommend it. Yes it is isolated and it does rain a lot (its Alaska) so be prepared. Don’t go if what to be entertained and stay dry. Yes, it is on the expensive side, but if you like isolation and raw nature, away from the crowds, you usually have to pay to get it.

2  Thank TravellerNanaimoB_C_
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I visited there in summer right before the season closed. The staff were very welcoming and food was so delicious (all cooked from scratch in their kitchen) starting from lunch to dinner and breakfast. Everything was very fresh and I was really impressed with the chef they had there. You won't be disappointed.

Also they had s'mores time after dinner and had nice chat with other tourists. The resort is not so big so it was very intimate atmosphere.

We ended this visit with a boat trip to glaciers, which was really awesome too.

1  Thank mayo408
Reviewed September 20, 2012

What a great way to spend a night in Kenai Fjords. It is affordable, the kayaking is fantastic, and the remote beachfront cabins are all you need to enjoy this gem prior to your Kenai Fjords cruise. The dinning was top notch.

4  Thank geodefilippo
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our Kenai Fjords Cruise to Fox Island was one of the hightlights of our trip to Alaska. We saw wildlife on the way to the island including orca whale, dall porpoise, otters, sea lions, bald eagle, and puffins. We loved getting up close to the glaciers and watched them crash into the ocean. The trip was cold so be sure to dress in layers. We retreated to the inside of the boat for warmth from time to time. Our stay on Fox Island was the perfect way to cap off a very fun boat trip. We enjoyed our salmon/prime rib dinner followed by skipping rocks on the beach.

3  Thank redheadfamily