All reviews fly fishing great fishing trout fishing experience great variety world class the river wonderful hosts alaskan wilderness look no further fishermen women owners chris anyone who wants various locations early season remote location a great experience
Reviewed September 19, 2017

If you like to fish for the biggest, hottest rainbow trout on the planet, look no further. The best fishing, best planes and pilots, best guides (hands down !!), best food and best lodge. This was my second time there and we're going back again for sure. Thanks Royal Wolf Team.
BC

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KatmaiKate, Owner at Royal Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Thank you so much! We can't wait to see you and your friends again. Congratulations on that gigantic trout!!

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Unbelievable experience Chris and Linda have gone to the next level to accommodate pleasure and satisfaction.Staff and food beyond believe,wonderful,five star! I have had the pleasure to stay in many lodges in Alaska...this is the best ! John Day

• Trip type: Traveled with family

We enjoyed your company as well, hope to see you again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed September 5, 2017

I am not even sure where to start... the breathtaking landscape, the beautiful main lodge, the clean and comfortable cabins, the wildlife, the fishing, the food... all these were awesome, but not as wonderful as Linda,Chris, Leanna and their staff. Every member of the staff were friendly, professional, and their attention to detail were amazing. . When I needed a rest day from fishing, I enjoyed reading by the fire in the main lodge, relaxing in the sauna, then an incredible massage. If I didn’t miss my kids, I could have stayed at RWL forever… Can't wait to take my kids.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KatmaiKate, Owner at Royal Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

You are so sweet, we sure enjoyed your company too. Thank you so much, and we look forward to showing your children a worthy Alaskan adventure.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

This is an exclusive fly-in, fly-out fishing lodge, hosted by Linda and Chris, two of the nicest folks you will meet. Awesome guides, ranging from super experienced, to young and talented. Food absolutely terrific, with a focus on quality, not quantity. Every place they took us fishing (Morrain, Kulik, Home River, Little Coo, etc) was nothing short of remarkable, so many rainbows. Yes, the focus of this lodge is on rainbow fishing, and almost every fish caught during the week was a rainbow. Our cabin was the Eagle's Nest cabin, probably the nicest one, but they all looked pretty great. We will definitely go back.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
KatmaiKate, Owner at Royal Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Thanks for the good words Mike, as you know we enjoyed your family too. Would love to see you all again.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

I took my two grandsons (15 and 12) and son in law (their dad) for six days there. We are all experienced fly fishermen. Our entire experience from flights in and out and in the Lodge, and fishing was great. The hosts were gracious; food excellent. We all stayed in one cabin, which was most comfortable, better than similar lodges I have been to elsewhere. But what we liked the most was the wonderful fishing. The guides were tops, and I have fished with guides in Colorado, New Mexico, and Canada, and the Royal Wolf guides were as good as any I have used. We had a good variety of fishing: rainbows, Arctic Grayling, salmon, although our main target most days was the huge rainbows. We flew in to various locations, which provided a great variety of experiences. We all want to go back!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind review, we enjoyed your family and hope you do come back to see us again.