All reviews fly fishing great fishing trout fishing experience great variety world class the river wonderful hosts alaskan wilderness look no further fishermen women owners chris anyone who wants various locations early season remote location a great experience
Reviewed August 28, 2017

This was our 45th year of catch & release Rainbow Trout fishing in Alaska, and our 15th year at ROYAL WOLF LODGE. Of the several lodges we've stayed, ROYAL WOLF is, by far, the very best It has the best guides, the safest pilots, and fishes the best rivers; a combination that gives the most rewarding and enjoyable fishing experience.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KatmaiKate, Owner at Royal Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Thank you John, we've enjoyed your company as well and hope you keep on fishing!

Reviewed August 28, 2017

We spent an early season week, June 16-23. Excellent in all areas. Very knowledgable guides and wonderful hosts. Food was great. The fishing was unbelievable. I would highly recommend the Royal Wolf Lodge

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KatmaiKate, Owner at Royal Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Thank you so much, we enjoyed your company and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Every part of the experience of staying at Royal Wolf Lodge was delightfully amazingl. This is my second trip to Royal Wolf Lodge and I highly recommend it. The guides, pilots and staff are outstanding, the meals were delicious and beautifully presented, the opportunities for breath taking photographs were constant, flying to different river systems each day was a highlight and the fly fishing is simply unbelievable. Each comfortable cabin is within close proximity of the lodge and each has it's own spectacular view. If you are wondering about treating yourself and booking at Royal Wolf Lodge for the ultimate Alaskan fly fishing adventure... just do it!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Ray, it was a pleasure having you and your son at the lodge.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Fished for 6 days with my father and had the best time of any of our trips to Alaska. The pilots are excellent, food is great and staff is like a family. Fishing and knowledge of the rivers is second to none with one giant rainbow after another. I have been to other lodges in this area before but non compare....awesome would be an understate!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
KatmaiKate, Owner at Royal Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review, we loved you and your father as well and hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2017

August of 2016 was my 11th trip to Royal Wolf Lodge and every one was the trip of a lifetime. The food is always excellent even when they have to find a new chef, it seems Chris and Linda have a natural ability to hire great people for their staff.
I am a pilot and am always in awe of how well all of the pilots at the lodge fly, it has been a highlight all it's own just riding with them. The guides are highly skilled and very patient. Their desire for the guests to catch fish and have a great time is refreshing. The rooms are always clean with attention to detail.
The fishing has been world class even when conditions were not always the best. We moved from one stream to another on rare occasions when conditions dictated, once because there were too many salmon in a stream to fish for the trout and char. The guides are sure to point out plants and animals I might have missed because the fishing was too attention consuming. Having the bears so close while we were on the streams is an added bonus. I have always respected the bears but the guides make sure we are safe and I've never felt threatened. I have been lucky enough to see wolves on a couple of occasions and count myself lucky for the experience.
If you are planning on going to a special place I think Royal Wolf fits the bill and I will be returning for year number 12 with all the excitement every other year has generated.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
KatmaiKate, Owner at Royal Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words, we enjoy having you be a part of Royal Wolf Lodge and look forward to the next trip.