TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Fantastic guides and climbing instruction!

Joined by two other families with climbing-inclined children, I took my three children (ages 6, 10... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
M9264CUamandam
Bakersfield, California
via mobile
Wayne!!!!

Wayne is a veteran expert of climbing and of Joshua tree. I made an ad-hoc day trip to Joshua tree... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
jb000gy

All reviews skill level crack climbing sue and andy boy scouts year olds merit badge rock climbing joshua tree safety encouraging session instructions ropes empowering mental veterans teaching
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2019

Uprising Adventures, never disappoints. This was our second outing with them. Great climbing in a beautiful place. Andy is the best guide, very knowledgable, great teacher about climbing, the gear and the area. My son (8yo) is already asking when we can climb again! Highly recommend!!

Date of experience: March 2019
3  Thank jdcaliforniamom
Reviewed February 28, 2019

Sue is an amazing instructor who is very laid back and fun to climb with. She had me geared up and on the rock in less than 30 minutes. Her instructions were very detailed and clearly communicated. As I stared up the giant rock she wanted me to climb, all I could think was, “That climb is impossible, there’s nothing to hold onto!” I quickly learned that the friction between my feet and the rock would be sufficient to keep me up and I was blown away at what became possible to me as I implemented the instructions Sue had given me. I had no experience climbing big rocks and by the end of our half day session I felt like a rock star!

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed January 30, 2019

It's always nice when you find good people who love what they do and want to share their knowledge and experience. Recently spent the day with them and our Scout Troop. All of their instructors were great with our Scouts and climbing parents. Thank you!

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank MilesOnTheRoad
Reviewed January 23, 2019

A great company to experience rock climbing with! We were all 1st time outdoor climbers, and our guide was extremely safe and effiecient. Definitely recommend!

Date of experience: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Adventure03355576516
Reviewed January 23, 2019

I've used Uprising Adventure Guides a couple times now and I definitely plan to use them again next time I get out to climb in Joshua Tree. My friends and I were beginner climbers and the guides did a great job of selecting ideal locations, getting the ropes up efficiently and safely, and giving us the right amount of instruction and motivation for these climbs. They were pleasant to work with -- which is important considering the amount of time one spends hanging out (both literally and figuratively) with a climbing guide.

Date of experience: May 2018