“Out of this World”
Review of Joshua Tree Ranch

Joshua Tree Ranch
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were staying in Palm Springs and took wonderful day trip to Joshua Tree National Park.

This is one of the most unusual landscapes I have ever had the privilege of visiting. The main park road is fantastic with lots of places to pull over and look, walk around, hike or camp. You also get a special treat as rock climbers love climbing these formations and it amazing to see the climbers on these rocks. Something you don't get to see very ofen.

The Dr. Suess crazy trees (the Joshua trees) and the fantastic melting rock formations that seem to defy gravity sometimes are breath taking. The park is wonderful in that it can accommodate any fitness level. Whether you simply want to drive through or stop and do a hike as we did, this place is extraordinary and well worth the visit. A must for anyone in visiting this area!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I came expecting to see lots of interesting catci (there are), but, I was really blown away by the rock formations. There are plenty of hiking options. The landscape is varied from flat fields of cacti to hills with incredible views. In particular I liked the hike through Hidden Valley (incredible rock formations) and the view from Keys View. The park was easy to get around, the roads and trails were well marked. It was cool the day I went (esp. at Keys View). I stayed in Palm Springs and found this a quick and easy day -trip (it's a little over an hour driving from PS). I spent about 4 hrs. in the park and hiked 3 trails. I thought this was plenty of time to see the a good part of the park (since I only had a half day). It was well worth it.

1  Thank jjmarkp
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We visited Joshua Tree National Park while visiting my daughter in Palm Springs California.
It is a beautifully kept park full of changes of scenery and and surprising vistas.
We highly recommend it, it was one of the highlights of our trip to California.

1  Thank Louise155032
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Lots of trails through the mountains and desert. Spend an hour or the day.
Very serene. Ranger station/gift shop where you check in has all the info you'll need.y

1  Thank Kauaiisheaven
Reviewed February 19, 2013

First, let me remind you that this is a high desert (4,400 ft) so it will be cooler than Palm Springs. I was wearing shorts when I left PS and I was cool at the Park.
Very special place, Do the whole loop on the road. There are many different types of scenery along the way. The cactus patches were very nice. By the time you drive there and back from PS and explore a bit, it is a fairly long day but well worth the trip.

1  Thank Mikefar