“Don't Get Adventuresome In The Cholla Garden”

Cholla Cactus Garden
More attraction details
Owner description: Located inside Joshua Tree National Park, this small area contains awesome man-sized cacti that grow in profusion.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Beautiful to look at just be careful as they will attack if you get too close. Follow the trail and enjoy. Well worth getting out of the car even if it is 100 degrees.

1  Thank PamCalgary_13

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a short flat trail through a forest of cholla cactus. We went in the winter and it was very lovely. Add a star if you love cactus. The thorns are amazing and will stick anywhere. Do not touch.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

An endless sea of cacti, of which the only visible part are the countless needles. The site and feeling of the landscape is astounding, but beware. I thought I had made it through the gauntlet unscathed, only to find out in the most unpleasant way that the cacti had gotten the better of me when I tried to return to the car. As I sat down to depart the spines I had inadvertently stuck to my backside made themselves noticeable, and had to be removed with tweezers. Ouch. Totally worth it though!

1  Thank TuringTested
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Never thought cactuses could look so pretty. Beware of the thorns on the ground if you go too close to the cactus. My husband's shoes were full of thorns by the time we got out, it is painful to pull them all out.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is an off the road exhibit that makes for a very easy drive up and jump out your car to see all the cholla.