Just left the Craters Edge after 2 nights exploring Volcanoes National Park. It was the perfect base, only 10 mins from the park and from Volcano village where there are a number of places to eat including Thai Thai restaurant which was so good we went both nights. The Craters Edge is just 2 rooms, very private and quiet with everything you could need. There is a fully stocked mini fridge with drinks and snacks (all complementary) with cereals, milk and lovely banana bread. Drinking water, teas and coffee are also provided. The place is completely off the grid and very Eco friendly, recycling is encouraged. The bathroom is modern and has a separate shower and jacuzzi tub. Toiletries are provided as are flash lights, umbrellas and beach mats. Everything was super clean. We did not use the spa but it looked good with a small steam room and hot tub, all in a private covered deck at the back of the property. The caretakers, Jay and Jason were helpful and friendly although we saw very little of them as we were out all day at the park. Only cons were lack of drawer/hanging space (I hate living out of my suitcase), a lumpy mattress and occasional barking from the neighbors German Shepherd dogs... none of which would prevent me visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary cedar and glass architect designed home nestled into the native rainforest outside Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Suites with Fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs, King canopy beds. Outdoor hot tub. Beautiful furnishings and linens,Romantic, private setting. In room coffee, beverages and tropical fruit and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your At the Craters Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At The Craters Edge Hotel Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- At The Craters Edge Hawaii/Hawaii Volcanoes National Park