First off, get the room with the deluxe crater view. It will knock your socks off! Just sitting in your room at night and watching the volcanic crater will take your breath away. It lights up the night sky with fiery red clouds. The room was clean and newly renovated. Good water pressure in the bathroom. No TV, but that was not a problem for us but some people might have an issue with this. Free Wi-Fi, which is very nice. The breakfast is good and not expensive (it’s buffet breakfast). The restaurant reopens at night and it is a little on the high side. The bad side of staying in this area is that there is not much else in the way of choices to eat at. There is a small town nearby but there are only a few other places to eat. Bottom line, come and stay for the Volcanic National Park. Hilo is about 20-30 miles away if you get disparate. This is a fantastic place and it's full of history.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano House is the only hotel located within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and is perched on the rim of Kilauea's Halemaumau crater. The historic Volcano House Hotel has long captured the imagination of visitors from all over the world with its iconic location, rich cultural legacy, and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Drawing upon a storied history dating back to 1846, Volcano House Hotel is now re-imagined for a new era with updated rooms, a restaurant and lounge serving Pacific Rim fare, and retail shops. Come experience the best Hawaii Island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Volcano House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano House Hotel Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano House Hawaii/Hawaii Volcanoes National Park