My husband and I spent a night in one of the little cabins at the campground owned by volcano house. It was totally bare bones (no outlets, one light), but the bed was really comfortable and toasty. Having access to the Jagger Museum outlook in the dark was magical. The sound and glow of the crater was an experience I'll never forget. You can drive there in about 5 minutes from the campground. The washrooms were spotless and well-stocked. Some people kept wedging the door open (the washrooms/showers are for cabin guests only) probably for friends in the campground. It was a little annoying but I felt absolutely safe. The showers have plenty of hot water which feels especially great being it's quite chilly in the morning up there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano House is the only hotel located within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and is perched on the rim of Kilauea's Halemaumau crater. The historic Volcano House Hotel has long captured the imagination of visitors from all over the world with its iconic location, rich cultural legacy, and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Drawing upon a storied history dating back to 1846, Volcano House Hotel is now re-imagined for a new era with updated rooms, a restaurant and lounge serving Pacific Rim fare, and retail shops. Come experience the best Hawaii Island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Ctrip TA so you can book your Volcano House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano House Hotel Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano House Hawaii/Hawaii Volcanoes National Park