“Volcano National Park - hike and twilight tour”

Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$135.00*
and up
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Waterfall and Lava...
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Yesterday, we had the great pleasure of traveling to Volcano's National Park with Hawaii Forest & Trail. Our guide, Mark, was exceptional! We experienced the lava tubes, the lava cliffs, the Jagaer museum, and the steam vents. At twilight, we experienced the summit eruption - amazing! The rosy glow of emitted by the magma was incredible.

Our guide, Mark, was exceptional! He was informative, humorous, respectful, and a lot of fun. Thanks, Mark, for making our day!

2  Thank dmhunter
Write a ReviewReviews (7,140)
All reviews
in 139 reviews
"orange glow"
in 65 reviews

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic! Magnificent! Awe inspiring! A national treasure. And only costs $10/car. Don't bother with an outside tour guide. Park visitors center is filled with very knowledgeable Rangers that will provide ample guidance on how to see all the sites. Even advice on park hikes and durations. Throughout the day the Rangers give guided tours. Just join one for as long as you care. We took loads of pictures. Thoroughly enjoyed this National Park.

1  Thank Arnon G
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I love National Parks and this one was definitely unusual. I spent a day and a half here and felt that I saw everything I wanted to see. I did the Kilauea hike, the walk through the sulphur vents, the hike out to the petroglyphs, the visitors center, and the nighttime viewing of the erupting volcano.

1  Thank AndySD
Reviewed December 25, 2012

great info and beautiful scenery. Love the museum. Be prepared for rain/cold. Wear closed toe shoes.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I don't think I can say anymore about this amazing place than what's already been said by so many. I found it to be eerie yet strangely beautiful. The absence of color was amazing to the eye. It was all so bleak, but with a sense of power and majesty.
We enjoyed reading the info that was available and speaking with the park rangers. We were in the area for several hours and took some great photos. For shots a little different, try shooting in black and white. The results are pretty amazing. I've visited National Parks all over the country, but none were like Volcanoes National Park. What a great way to spend several of your vacation hours. You won't be sorry if you visit this great natural attraction.

1  Thank barbaragwen270