“Zipline Haleakala too much fun! Zippidy do da!”

Skyline Eco-Adventures Zipline Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$177.03*
and up
Ka'anapali Zipline Adventure on Maui
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skyline Eco-Adventures was Voted the #1 Zipline Company in Hawaii by Hawaii Magazine's Best of the Best Readers Choice Awards 2017 Skyline Eco-Adventures thrills guests on zipline adventures in Hawaii on Maui, Kauai, and on the Big Island. Since 2002, when Skyline opened the original Maui zipline adventure, over two million customer zipline crossings have been conducted, more than any other U.S. zipline company. Skyline's Ka'anapali Maui Zipline Tour was named the #1 Zipline Tour in Hawaii and Skyline's Maui Haleakala and Ka'anapali Tours along with Skyline Akaka Falls Tour on the Big Island have been Awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Awards for 2016. Throughout our tours guests learn about the unique environment and culture of the place; and a portion of all sales are donated back to protecting those irreplaceable things. Whether you plan to visit Maui, Kauai, or the Big Island of Hawaii you will find unmatched fun and adventure on one of our Award Winning Zipline Tours!
Reviewed October 7, 2014

It's difficult to explain how fun it is. I love being in the tall eucalyptus trees and traversing over mountain stream gorges.

Being afraid of heights and making myself go on a zipline in 2008 despite the fear (I closed my eyes and jumped off the platform backwards!) gives a real perspective when watching someone gripped with fear of heights & jumping. We had a gal on this trip that was terrified of the last zip jump. My heart went out to her as I KNOW that fear! It took well over 5 minutes and but she did it. Talk about a cheering section!

The guides on our trip, Aka and Kalani were totally awesome. They should have their own comic act! Engaging, informative and funny!

Screaming is one of the most fun parts of the zip experience. Joking around, laughing, taking photos of each other, the comradery..... It's kind of an 'outward bound' experience.

I don't go zip lining for the people connections but inevitably it's part of the real joy of what I come away with. I believe the Skyline Eco-adventures Haleakala zipline has the longest last zip on the island. Or maybe it's the fastest. All I know is it is a REAL screamer and we were all ready to do it again!

1  Thank MelissaMcCoy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)
All reviews
in 57 reviews
"safety"
in 161 reviews

Reviewed October 7, 2014

My husband and I just returned from Maui where we decided to try zip-lining for the first time. We did it on the actual day of our 20th anniversary! Neither of us had zipped before and we are late-40's/early 50s.

We loved it, and unless you are truly, truly, mortally petrified by the idea, so will you!

As many of the reviews state, this is a perfect place to do your first zip. The guides and staff are very attuned to safety and are extremely 'alert' (they can also apparently smell fear since they were 2 of the funniest people alive!). They are safety first but it is so fun and they are so funny - I kinda miss them! Hugs to you Kalani and Kua (and to Aloha A at the front desk and thanks Aloha for spelling the names for me)! Very professional, kind and i may have mentioned, funny!! The zip we did in the crater had 5 lines - which start you out with the "bunny zip line" - i.e., a small one to ease you into it and build confidence. Then they build up to the "holy crapstorm, Batman" line which is the longest, highest and yes, scary but super fun one!!!!!

After gaining confidence on the first few lines, I was truly able to look around and enjoy the scenery and look down without worry. The day was somewhat cloudy and foggy when we arrived but it cleared up for the zipping. I actually preferred it not being super sunny since zipping through the mist really gave it a 'rain forest' feel.

My main concern before going (besides the event itself, of course) was a slightly bothersome knee (i am very active and work out but it sometimes 'acts up' - not bad enough to warrant any real medical attention but just 'old lady knee'). I did mark this on my form in the beginning and they were able to help me and advise me on the best ways do this to avoid too much impact. It was awesome, so don't let that stop you - just be honest.

I also like the Eco aspect very much. They teach you a lot about the ecosystem and birds and they are helping to build the area for the future. Not too shabby...

All and all - this was fantastic! I always wanted to try it and am so glad we did! My husband also loved it and he is not super fond of heights. I'm sure it won't be our last zip but I am really glad we did our first here. It was the perfect way to start.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 5, 2014

We went on our way down from haleakala, hoping to jump on the first tour in the morning. Luckily we were able to get some spots with the best guides Kevin and Kua. Couldn't have been any better. Everyone was great and the lines were perfect for first timers!

Reviewed October 5, 2014 via mobile

This was one of the most excellent mornings of the trip! The guides Aka and Kamalei were fun and very safe! They taught history and the connection to the surrounding area and the species that had and do inhabit the area! All the while cracking jokes and remaining professional! Awesome outstanding trip! I plan to go again!! So recommend!!