“Highlight of our Teenagers Maui vacation”

Skyline Eco-Adventures Zipline Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$124.95*
and up
Haleakala Zipline Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skyline Eco-Adventures was Voted the #1 Zipline Company in Hawaii by Hawaii Magazine's Best of the Best Readers Choice Awards 2017 Skyline Eco-Adventures thrills guests on zipline adventures in Hawaii on Maui, Kauai, and on the Big Island. Since 2002, when Skyline opened the original Maui zipline adventure, over two million customer zipline crossings have been conducted, more than any other U.S. zipline company. Skyline's Ka'anapali Maui Zipline Tour was named the #1 Zipline Tour in Hawaii and Skyline's Maui Haleakala and Ka'anapali Tours along with Skyline Akaka Falls Tour on the Big Island have been Awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Awards for 2016. Throughout our tours guests learn about the unique environment and culture of the place; and a portion of all sales are donated back to protecting those irreplaceable things. Whether you plan to visit Maui, Kauai, or the Big Island of Hawaii you will find unmatched fun and adventure on one of our Award Winning Zipline Tours!
Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Teenagers Maui vacation”
Reviewed May 16, 2008

We are a family of four (kids aged 18 and 23). We did the haleakala zip tour. It was the highlight of our daughters vacation in Maui. We were all first time zip lining and hope it won't be our last. Great staff and quite a thrill. Reserve in advance if your time is limited in Maui.

1 Thank curiousCanada

• Czech first
Dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great time, but a couple of caveats”
Reviewed May 8, 2008

We did the West Maui tour on May 6th and had a great time. As others mentioned the tour is 8 lines long with a lunch/breakfast halfway through. We did the early tour and had a nice breakfast of fruit and pastries. Our guides, Chad and Earl, were extremely friendly and knowledgeable of all things Maui. We have ziplined before in Puerto Vallarta and our friends had done the same in Costa Rica. This tour while perhaps short on lush jungle scenery, has wonderful views of Lahaina, Kaanapali and the surrounding islands. I also feel that Skyline is extremely concerned with safety as the guides were very thorough with both our equipment and procedures.

I would like to give this tour 5 stars, but two things prevent me from doing so.

The first is the website advertises "an exciting 6-wheel drive Pinzgauer ride". The ride up the mountain is in fact done in a 4 x 4 van. This is fine with me, but do not advertise something that is not there.

Secondly, the booking agents mistakenly booked us for the Haleakala tour. Fortunately I called them the day before our scheduled tour to confirm things and then found out about the mistake. At first they would not refund me as they claimed the miscommunication was mine and I only gave them 16 hours of notice to cancel (as I would not have done the Haleakala tour) instead of 24. The manager said they record all phone conversations for instances like this and she would locate it and call me back. She called back a few minutes later and said they could not locate the recording (sure) and thus changed my reservation to the West Maui location. I then just had to pay the difference as the West Maui tour costs more.

1 Thank jgb0607
MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Definitely a highlight on our trip”
Reviewed April 25, 2008

We did the Haleakala tour in April. It was super fun and we felt extremely safe the whole time. They gave fanny packs to anyone who wanted them so we could bring cameras to take pictures of each other. We had people of all ages, shapes and sizes and everyone did fine. I would definitely do this again or look into taking the other tour if I went back.

3 Thank kazoomaloo
San Diego, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“You won't believe you did it!”
Reviewed April 21, 2008

This by far was one of my favorite things we did in Maui. It is a little overwhelming and nervewracking, but once you get goin on the ziplines, you never want it to end!

The guides were awesome. They were funny and extremely personable. They made you feel very safe and comfortable and were also very knowledgable of the history of the area we were ziplining through.

I would do this again and again! We did the Ka'anapali tour, which was longer. It was also more expensive, but this is one of those things that you don't feel like you wasted your money on!

2 Thank Tiffann
san jose
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Hmmm....a mixed bag---lots of bad, some fun.”
Reviewed April 6, 2008

The ziplines themselves were a lot of fun, but all 12 of us jammed into the 10 person van agreed--safety wasn't #1. The van ride up and back was actually more dangerous than the zipline....and we were wearing helmets! The driver was a bit sadistic. The zipline guides themselves were "okay", but the REALLY canned jokes got stale quickly.... and they didn't hesitate to goof around while they were hooking your cable up, making "funny" mistakes as they did it....but it's not something you should goof ON.
The zips were good, though.....and lunch was delicious. There really isn't any hiking involved, which was in the description...and was a bit disappointing.
All in all, unless they improve their "delivery" (made us wait an hour because their van was late....lack of common sense when driving in an overstuffed, un-airconditioned van, and several other safety issues), I would NOT recommend it for the high price. Maybe the other ones are better run?

2 Thank sjsandy