Maui "Loop" Road To Hana Audio Driving Tour

Book in advance
from
$19.98
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Pipiwai Trail
from $276.67
1,315 results
All reviews bamboo forest great hike banyan tree road to hana foot waterfall beautiful waterfall mosquito repellent moderate hike miles round trip hiking shoes mile hike easy hike slippery rocks elevation gain sacred pools bring lots of water worth the effort
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2017

The hike took us a few hours round trip. When we went the trail was being renovated there was some construction which took us longer. The trail should be fixed now and is paved with wood planks making it really easy. There is a large Banyan Tree and bamboo forrest along the way. Once your there the view is amazing. Make sure you bring some wet weather clothes. If you want to see video of our experience check out my vlog on my YouTube channel or read my blog on my website. Links are in my TripAdvisor profile.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Hike takes about 1 1/4 hours from parking lot to the waterfall. My fave part was walking thru the bamboo forest. Felt rather mysterious to me. Unfortunately one cannot get too close to the waterfall at the end of the trail so you don't spend a lot of time here.

1  Thank Sharon K
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

If you can make it out here, I couldn't recommend it highly enough. We were at the trailhead before 8 and there were only 3 or 4 cars in the lot. On the way back it definitely got a bit more crowded though. The hike itself isn't very strenuous although you do have to be careful not to slip on rocks and roots. 2 miles to the waterfall. 2 miles back. There is a stretch beyond the bamboo forest that might be the most beautiful stretch of any hike we've ever done. Enjoy!

2  Thank 440loganw
Reviewed August 30, 2017

We arrived around 4PM and were concerned about having enough time to reach the Waimoku falls. We walked quickly, didn't find the hike difficult, and were able to do the round trip in less than 2 hours with an 8 year old along. The bamboo forest was worth the effort alone, but the falls were also beautiful. Listen to the advice here, and wear proper shoes. You don't need hiking boots, but don't wear flip flops. We didn't carry water either and were fine.

3  Thank AMA10036
Reviewed August 28, 2017

I have hiked this trail numerous times through the years. The trail itself is a grand adventure, but the payoff at the end was always being able to sit on some boulders in the mist of the waterfall and have some water and a snack, getting refreshed (and great photos!) before hiking back. Now, the park service has closed the trail before the payoff. I understand some people stood under the waterfall and were killed, but to block the rest of us from a closer approach to enjoy the ambiance, the view, the peace and the mist is over-the-top in my opinion. If you have hiked this trail in the past, be aware. It might be sorely disappointing to you now. It was to me.

3  Thank Luv2GoTravel