“Day Visit”

$150.00*
Maui Haleakala Sunrise Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A dormant volcano measuring 10,000 feet above sea level, it is Maui's highest point.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Our day trip Haleakala Crater was very interesting, but far too short. Once through the cloud and at the summit of the rim the views are wonderful.

Would really have liked to taken one of the hikes, but unfortunately time did not allow apart from the short jaunt up to Pa Ka’oao. This is worthwhile as it affords the opportunity to enjoy the scenery, in peace and quiet, away from the hordes at the Visitor Centre.

Staff at both Information Centres are very enthusiastic about their jobs and provided great information in an understandable way.

For those that wish it is possible to pick up a certificate as a memento of your visit.

There are newer reviews for Haleakala Crater

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Very impressive, head on up after you zip line in the area. The crater is huge and the colors are fantastic. You can see 360 degrees around maui. Had to drive through clouds and then you are above them. Then headed down and snorkeled, who can do that every day!

4  Thank Chuck V
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Our trip to Maui would have not completed without this experience, it is breathless, beautiful and the views are simply spectacular. You will need a jacket for sure but after coming from our very cold and long winter, piece of cake. We had our ticket from visiting the oheo pools on the road to Hana and is valid for there as well. We could not go in the morning so left Kihei at around 15:00 as we could see from down below part of the top, so we went up and the views were perfect. If you can't see the top or part of it, once you leave the bottom chances are you will not see more once at the top. Iam not very good with heights and I survived so pretty much anyone can...Do not miss this, the crater is so wonderful.

1  Thank OttawaLuvlife
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Took my teenage son after receiving rave reviews from friends...took on the bike ride from summit to base...haven't ridden a bike in years but made it. Cold is an understatement...bike ride tour meant a 4am pick up from the hotel...that was difficult...but the view from the top at sunrise...I was left speechless...what a truly "spiritual" and moving experience...one not to be forgotten...next time I go, I would opt out of the bike component and just do the sunrise on its own!...

1  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Coming from southern Australia, this landscape seemed other-worldly to me! I thought it was truly beautiful and really enjoyed looking around. We did a small hike down one of the trails however I personally struggled with this a little as the altitude did not agree with me. That said, the walk itself was not physically straining. Make sure you bring a jumper as it can be so cold up there, and some snacks might not go astray as there are no real food options for some time.

2  Thank RLG2121