“Divine Beauty” 5 of 5 stars

$130.00*
and up
Maui Haleakala Day Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: A dormant volcano measuring 10,000 feet above sea level, it is Maui's highest point.
Syracuse, New York
“Divine Beauty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have visited this place with my husband. This is one of the best places I have ever went. I just could not leave the place and we sat on the top of the mountain for more than 3 hours. Its been extremely chilling and very windy. We had enough gear to cover our self.

We would definitely go there once again.

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Beautiful, but takes a while and gets COLD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

It's a long drive up to Haleakala... more so given you'd need to leave around 3.30am to make it up there before sunrise. Once up on top of the volcano, it gets coooold. The sights are GORGEOUS, but you have to get there soon to get a good viewing spot. The wait is long.
It's probably a lot better for people interested in photography. I would've preferred getting there a little later, watching a quick sunrise, and heading back :)

Visited February 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“rise above the clouds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

how many other places in the world can you be higher than the clouds? 10,000 feet and all its glory---its quite the windy road to get up there but take your time, watch out for the bikes and you'll be rewarded

Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A Must See...Must Do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

If you want to have a complete Maui experience, don't just go to the beach or go shopping... See Haleakala! I know about this because some friends had told me, before I left for the trip, to see Haleakala. I am reviewing this so that I can encourage you also to see Haleakala but I want you to be even better prepared. It is immense and breathtaking. The drive, because it is windy and steep is adventurous and takes a certain amont of care and courage. The Haleakala area is very cold and unfortunately, the hotel concierge did not remember to tell us this. Thankfully I had a jacket but I would suggest to you to take a thick jacket or light coat. If your hand get cold easily, make sure you have pockets on your jacket. It is cold. Wear tennis shoes so you can walk around comfortably. And if you are travelling from the Wailea Beach area like I was, you need to leave at about 2 am to get there in time to see the sunrise. I was not told that either. I wasn't the only one who didn't make it in time though as others did not leave until 4 am. It is still a beautiful and scenic drive and for adrenaline rush lovers like myself, you will feel a sense of accomplishment when you make it up to the top over 9000 feet in elevation. Like one of my fellow travel-lover friends said, "when you are at Haleakala, it is as if you are above the clouds. It is a God-given experience."

Wildwood, Missouri, United States
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Chilliest Sunset on Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The dormant volcano crater has a wonderful array of colors. It is a great place for sightseeing & hiking. Other than the Kaanapali, it is our favorite place for sunsets. Dress warm because temps dip into the 40s & it is breezy.

2 Thank LG_Maui