“Go early”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Go early”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

19 years ago we visited what was then known as the Seven Sacred Pools, and the memory of it was clear in my mind all that time. I never forgot it. We returned recently, and it is still a beautiful place. The water level was fairly low, but the crashing of the waves on the rocks and view back toward the road is something else. We were there early since we'd stayed in Hana, so there was no trouble parking and there was no one in the water. While I appreciate that it might be someone else's memory to swim there, I'm glad we had a view before the crowds descended. You can walk along the road to the bridge and take a picture looking toward the sea that might end up as wallpaper on your computer--just watch the traffic.

1 Thank FoodyMama

• Finnish first
arizona
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“nice falls”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The water was flowing fast down the falls, so no swimming. Trail from parking lot was a little rocky and hard for elderly to walk. Not wheel chair accessible. cost $10 to get into national park. Road to Hana is very stressful. I have gone there three or four times and I always say that is the last time, but the waterfalls are worth the trip at least once for folks that have never been there. Just take your time. Not many parking spots at falls to Hana so best bet go early. Better yet take tour van if you can afford the high price.

1 Thank one49er
Portland, Oregon
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Why must nature be controlled by others?”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We did the hike up to the falls first only to return to see that the seven sacred pools had been closed. I find it terribly upsetting that others must tell me where I can or cannot go. There was no rain and no real sign of it coming. Even though I wasn't able to go for a much needed swim - I could appreciate the magic of this place from the sidelines. A must see on your way to Hana. For those reviewers that gave it a bad review based on poor clarity conditions, shame on you. I am so sorry that nature isn't always compliant and servile to your every whim.

1 Thank vyakal
Wisconsin
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Fun people watching”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Not real easy to get around on the rocks. Despite signs all over that jumping is not allowed, there were people jumping, flipping, etc. lots of families with little kids in pools. Water was not flowing much when we were there. Easy walk to see gulch from parking lot. Parking fills fast, fee. Bring snacks n water, no store or vending in park.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank whitefish
Framingham, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Magical spot”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Many people waist time on their way to Hana, visiting waterfalls that cannot be reached.
If you have only a day, it is better to leave the west coast as early as possible so you can reach the sacred pools. For us, this place represents what the Hana area is all about -- paradise. Don't forget to pack lunch.

Visited April 2013