Review Highlights

So. Much. Free. Fun

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
mikki777
Woodstock, Georgia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Great Smoky Mountains National Park
from $41.00
from $41.00
from $40.36
from $39.00
1,272 results
All reviews grotto falls beautiful drive motor trail hiking trails auto tour many places winding road seen bears cades cove speed limit pull over take your time the smoky mountains black beans turkey nature hike
Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a real nice one half mile walk in on a good trail. The last three hundred yards to the falls was difficult.
The falls were very nice.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We loved it here. Gorgeous drive in the fall and great stop offs for entertainment. They have bathrooms at 2 of the earlier hiking trails, then none. So plan accordingly. We liked going on a weekday when it was likely not as busy as the weekend. Especially because we were here for peak season of fall leave colors.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

We did this drive on our first afternoon in the park. It is nice to visit and we hiked Grotto Falls. The drive is nice, very beautiful vegetation.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

The beauty of this place is truly wonderful. I cannot wait to go back. The only thing I would change is I wish I could have it to myself for a whole day instead of all the other travelers like me being there. :)

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Roaring Fork motor drive was green, lush, and a beatiful ride in the Smokies. I didn't see sharp drop offs or scarey curves. There were very few cars parked near the road in the middle of August around 10 a.m. Take this ride as it is beautiful, peaceful with waterfalls and you will love it.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

What an experience!! We wanted to do something outdoorsy and fun, so we rented a UTV for the day, although you could drive your own vehicle, if you preferred to. The scenery and falls are absolutely stunning, however, the bears we encountered definitely stole the show for us. We came upon 4 different bears and were able to see them interact in their natural habitat. It was so neat, especially with us being in a UTV. I would plan about 2 hours if you’re going to visit this area!

2  Thank Shawn C
Reviewed July 24, 2018

We have been going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for many years and had never heard of this place. Someone told us about it and we decided to check it out. I honestly liked it better than the Cades Cove area. This is a great place to hike, ride through, picnic, enjoy the scenery etc. There is no charge to enter this area and it is definitely worth checking out. Loved it and made plans to go back. The only suggestion I have, wear Tennis shoes and enjoy.

1  Thank anitar240
Reviewed June 21, 2018

Beautiful views. Lots of photo ops and several places to pull off and get a closer look. Be sure to bring your camera.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

If you don't want to hike to see beautiful creeks and views then don't pass up the pull overs. You won't see the view or creek photo ops until you've passed it and most likely won't get a parking spot. We passed some I wanted to get out but couldn't turn around. The road is beautiful.

2  Thank Nicole P
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Great view from our car. Relaxing drive through nature. We saw 2 large black bears. They are beautiful. They walked around our car. Awesome experience. If you are unable to hike drive this road and you are going to love it’s view

3  Thank mikeaU9012GJ