“Amazing ”

Sugarland Riding Stables
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

I like to go for a trail ride at every vacation destination, if at all possible. This stable had the best trained and well looked after horses that I have ever rode!
The staff were courteous and knowledgeable and the ride itself was wonderful!!! You will not be disappointed with these guys. Loved it!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"beautiful scenery"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed September 19, 2017

We were looking for a place to experience nature horse-back and we did! Saw a momma bear and her 2 very small cubs. The horses did great. The leader was 3 and 4 horses in front of us, so we couldn't hear him talking, so that was the only downside. We also would have enjoyed going at a faster pace once in a while to get a true riding experience. Overall, a good time.

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

The view was perfect. Enjoyed the entire ride. Highly recommended. Guided tour with extremely knowledgeable guide. Out guide has been with stable for 44 yrs.

1  Thank Mary J
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I took the one hour ride. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend for first time riders. I'm a novice put felt at ease after the instructions from the staff. The ride was the right amount of time. We went through the creek and round a very scenic route. It was very relaxing. I enjoyed myself. I definitely recommend.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 14, 2017

Received cold but OK service checking in. No platform to help mount the horse, so it's just up to you to lift your foot almost as high as your waist to get it into the stirrup and then try to swing the other leg over. Virtually no help from the stable crew to mount up.
We also had slow horses, like many others noted. About 10 minutes in, the guide told us if we didn't kick or switch the horses hard enough to keep up we would ruin the ride for everyone. Well, that ruined the ride for us.
The trail is very rocky and rough; difficult footing for the horses. My saddle shifted all the time as the horse swayed up and down the rugged terrain. As much as we would try we could not get the horses to move faster. But, occasionally without prompting from us, they would break into a trot to catch up to the main group in front. The 1st time it happened it caught me so much by surprise I almost fell off (was holding the reins very loosely as instructed by the guide and we were going uphill).
The trail may have been a beautiful area at one time, but has not recovered well from the fires.
If the guide was providing any info during the ride, we were so far behind we never heard a word. All he would do was yell back to kick the horse harder and to keep up.
We ride lots of places and have never had an experience like this one. Simply put, there are several much better stables in the park to ride; we found a great one the next day at Cade's Cove.

2  Thank oldguyindy