“to the top”

$172.62*
and up
The Great Smoky Mountain National Park Tour by Helicopter
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most popular hiking mountains in the park.
Lewisburg, Kentucky, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“to the top”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have hiked to Mt. LeConte 4 times. We have hiked all trails,either going up or coming down. I highly recommend the Alum;s Bluff traiLlThe first rime we hiked to the top we had a 4-year-old child with us, although I would not recommend this. One trail I would stay off of is the Bull;s Head, It is rocky and hard to walk. There is not a lot to see om this trail. ,

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Ranny Linda A

Lithia, Florida
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Too long for kids”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We tried to hike the 1.4 mile portion of this trail to arch rock. We hiked for an hour up and found no arch rock, we were disappointed. Too hard for little kids.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank blondee922
Hampton, Virginia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Rainbow Falls is Breathtaking!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I hiked the 5.4 mile trail in Roaring Fork Nature Trail to reach Rainbow Falls. What a breathtaking sight! We were in awe of God's creation as we stood at the foot of the falls. We had never been hiking before so this was a new adventure for us 50 somethings! The terrain was a bit rocky and challenging at times but worth every step. It took us 3.5 hours up and back. If you're up for a new adventure and a bit of a challenge, I encourage you to try it. You won't be disappointed!

3 Thank pennypbj
Atlanta, GA USA
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Amazing day hike in the Smokey Mountains”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I hiked this strenuous trail with my 8 year old and some friends on July 26th. I have been up to the top before on several occasions, and as previously, the views from the top were amazing. It took longer this time, but managed the 12 mile round trip in 9 hours! The weather was perfect. The Alum Caves Bluff trail has been maintained very well over the past 15 years.

3 Thank KSavani
Coldwater, Michigan
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Hike and Overnight Stay”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I walked to the top of Mt. LeConte for the first time on July 8, 2013. We chose the Alum Trail as it was highly recommended by many experienced hikers. The weather was great - highs in the 60s and the views on the trail were beautiful. It was strenuous and steep in places, but very doable even though we are mid to late 60s. We arrived early afternoon and checked into the LeConte Lodge. (separate review for the Lodge) We spent the afternoon settling in and exploring the area at the top. In the evening, all the overnight guests walked to the west point to watch the sunset. It was awesome (I am posting photos). The next morning we walked to Myrtle Point (east side) before proceeding back down the mountain. As others have indicated, if you climb up the Alum Trail, you must go back down the same trail or you end up miles away from your vehicle. It was about an hour shorter time descending the mountain. Great experience - ready to go again!

3 Thank mmatpawl