Jenny Lake Lodge
$189
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscourse dinnerhorseback ridingjenny lakerustic luxurybreakfast and dinnerdress codefive coursesgrand tetonsnational parkhuckleberry lemonadedinner reservationsfront porcha small gift shopthe wait staffindividual cabinsbeautiful settingfree standing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was my 18th trip. Took my grandaughter (24 yrs old), who also loved it. We're going back next year. Great food, great service, and the most beautiful place in the world. A real vacation....no tv, radio, quiet, tranquil.

Room Tip: Ask for a free standing cabin. I always stay in Columbine. Mygrandaughter stayed in Buttercup (a duplex 2 doors down). It was great too.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank gayleen t
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We used the Jenny Lake Lodge for a 5 night stay as a base for some serious hiking in the backcountry.
It's a boutique lodge and while we had very high expectations based on previous reviews, we were a little apprehensive after a less than stellar experience in Yellowstone-however, the people delivered well above our expectations in every aspect.
The dining is exceptional and is based around a 5 course meal which changes completely each night. The executive chef does a wonderful job in creating a large range of choices each night to meet everyone's taste range. Out of the 50 different courses my wife and I sampled, there may have been only one or two that didn't work completely-that's a very high success rate for cutting edge dining in a reasonably remote location. On our home country, the dinners would probably rate two "hats" which would place it in the top 2%of restaurants.
The staff are very well trained and take the time to get to know the guests and make you very welcome.
We share a duplex cabin and while there was another family next door, the cabins are well soundproofed and we heard no sounds from our neighbours. The rooms themselves are quite large, as is the bathroom. The beds are comfortable and we slept very well here. The decor is appropriate for the backwoods location and we thought blended well with the. Concept of a lodge in the wilderness.
The lodge offers a lunch for hikers and we found one was plenty for both of us to share on a long hike-they are yummy and healthy.

The price is fairly steep, but when you consider that the dinners and breakfasts are included in the tart if, it does make it a bit more reasonable. The breakfasts are also excellent and there is a full range of hot and cold options cooked to order-they are happy to do something not on the menu if the ingredients are on hand.

This was the highlight of our months vacation in the USA

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at Jenny Lake Lodge over the July 4th holiday. We have stayed at many of the National Park Lodges and Jenny Lake is my favorite.

Our cabin had a nice view of the Tetons from the front porch. It was not too clean but acceptable. The main problem for us during our stay was the cabin is not air conditioned. It was 89 degrees inside our cabin from 11am to 8pm each day. The lodge provided a fan but it didn't help much. The cabin would cool down a little around 11pm, but not enough so we could sleep well. We tried everything we could think of to make the cabin comfortable with no luck. Imagine getting ready for dinner and putting on the "suggested" dinner jacket in a cabin at 89 degrees! Not fun!

Service was pretty good. Dining was probably the highlight of the lodge.

We enjoyed the park and glad we decided on Jenny Lake Lodge. We probably would target September if we return for cooler weather.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RKS
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Disappointment is the operative word in reviewing this very expensive place to stay in the Tetons. If you arrive expecting lake views, forget it. The lodge is near but not on the lake. If you are expecting views of the Tetons from your cabin, don't count on it. We did not even have a glimpse from our cabin and, from my walk around the property, not many cabins do. When I expressed my disappointment to the management, I was asked what they could do to make it better. Move me, which of course they couldn't do. When asked what else they could do, I said nothing. If you have to ask, don't bother-- maybe a complimentary glass of wine with dinner?? But no, instead I was seated by the kitchen door at dinner when numerous other tables were available. Only when I refused the table did they agree to set one of the empty tables and re-seat me. Really? At this price I expect better, much better. Dinner was good but not out of this world. Finally at breakfast they got it right-- a cheerful greeting and a lovely table with a view of the Tetons. Breakfast was delicious.

As for housekeeping, it was very dodgy--turn-down service at 5:30pm does not fly. A promise to have them return while we dined was unfulfilled. Simply put, this lodge does not deliver at a level commensurate with its pricing. If you want to spend this kind of money stay in Jackson Hole. I am sure you can do ever so much better there.

5  Thank Judgefoodie
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was our third week-long stay at Jenny Lake, and we have fond memories from 20 and 30 years ago. The setting is still magnificent, and the gourmet dinners are as good as we remembered if not better.

Breakfast is another story. They stopped serving at 9:00 AM, which was too early for us. They offered a breakfast-to-go delivered, but that turned out to be a comedy of errors, with forgotten deliveries, incomplete orders, and food delivered with no plates, utensils, or napkins.

Our top-of-the-line $900-a-night (MAP) suite was comfortable although not particularly large or luxurious. There was a generous supply of high quality pillows and towels. But some of the furniture was so shabby and worn that it would have been rejected at a Salvation Army thrift shop. The bath was new and functional, except for the shower over the tub, which produced a widespread fine mist which was frustratingly impossible to bath or rinse under.

2  Thank Swarton