Friends recommended the Jenny Lake Lodge, so my partner and I had high expectations for our late-September 2012 stay but it was even better than expected.
First, the setting cannot be beat. The lodge's front porch has a spectacular view of the Tetons; you could spend a lot of time just looking at the view. But, when there is so much hiking to be done, you won't want to sit for long. It was great to be able to walk to the trailhead for the Cascade Canyon Trail; a nice enough walk in itself, but the trail itself has to be one of the best hikes in the U.S. Bikes and horseback riding rounded out our activities; Mary Sue is a great wrangler, even for those of us who have never been on a horse. Mule deer were frequent guests on the grounds, and elk could be heard at night.
Second, the accommodations are great. While the cabins look and feel rustic, it's a very comfortable rusticity. We had a cabin with a king bed. The bed was cloud-like comfortable, maybe helped by long days of exercise. The bathroom was well appointed. The cabin had two comfortable chairs for reading, but we preferred doing so in the lodge's beautiful main cabin/lobby. We also met interesting people from all over the country during evening events before dinner. The dining room is gorgeous, with million dollar views. The artwork is just about as impressive if you're not sitting right by the windows.
Third, the food was outstanding. We were there for three dinners and breakfasts. The food itself was world-class; meats were perfectly cooked and sides and sauces were superb. Even something as simple as mustard was prepared by the kitchen and they were happy to share the recipe. Portion sizes were perfect at dinner. Breakfasts were also great, although we could never finish the dinner-plate sized pancakes; bring teenagers to help you with those. Meals were as leisurely as you want; there was no pressure to turn your table, and we appreciated having dinner reservations made well in advance of our stay.
Lastly, the service was wonderful. Everyone was warm, polite and eager to help out, from the reception staff to the wait staff to the very knowledgeable concierge.
In short, this was a splurge but worth every penny and we hope to be back in the not-too-distant future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 37 rustic log cabins located on park-service land that are both popular and expensive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Jenny Lake Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jenny Lake Hotel Grand Teton National Park
- Jenny Lake Lodge Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming