If you look at these reviews enough, you'll see I review a few places every year and you can get a sense of changes as they occur.
JLL is no exception. Scott Greene is the manager and now has 3 years under his belt. I'm becoming a fan. I loved Angela who was there for a number of years but now Scott is showing his skills. This season there was major staff turnover. Only one waiter, Jim Friend, returned. The concierge was familiar, I believe her name is Rosanna. In the corral, Mary Sue was still in place to make certain everyone's horseback ride was perfect. Despite the changes, JLL ran very well. The house keepers were from Jamaica and a true pleasure to deal with.
The dining experience was excellent as always. Fernando handled the dining room most nights and was usually helpful if needed. The chef, Allyson, did a fabulous job and hopefully will return next year. JLL serves a 5 course meal every night. Appetizer, soup, salad, entree and desert are the normal components. Each night you get a choice of four entrees and usually a special and a vegetarian selection. There are 5 menus, so if you stay longer than 5 nights you get to see the same menu again. That's not a bad thing in any way! My only complaint about the food would be breakfast. Years ago, the pancakes and waffles were made from a very light batter that I preferred. As such things go, not too big a deal.
Horseback riding is always a highlight for us and we rode three times and got to have dinner with Mary Sue and her husband, Marty. All the rides are interesting and a real pleasure,
This year we stayed in Lupine and it's a very nice cabin. Next year we hope to be on the other side of the cabins in a quieter location. I think we've stayed 9 times in 5 different cabins. Eventually we will see them all!
If Jenny Lake Lodge interests you give it a try. Please stay more than one night. It takes a little while to really get a feel for the place. Try it, you'll like it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bring a touch of luxury to your national park experience by staying at Jenny Lake Lodge, a AAA four-diamond resort at the foot of the Tetons. Enjoy award-winning dining with our Signature Stay Package, which includes a full gourmet breakfast and a nightly five-course rotating dinner menu. Also included are horseback riding, cruiser bicycles, and other complimentary daily guest activities. The historic cabins at Jenny Lake Lodge are elegant, private, and relaxing – a perfect blend of modern comfort and Old West charm. A stay here is unlike any other in the park. Choose between our freestanding single-room log cabins, duplex cabins, or the cabin suites that include a sitting parlor and wood-burning stove. Enjoy your morning coffee on the porch surrounded by towering pine trees and abundant wildlife. Nearby, you can walk to three stunning glacial lakes, access trails for hiking or biking, or watch for elk or moose. As a guest of Jenny Lake Lodge, the park is at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Jenny Lake Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jenny Lake Hotel Grand Teton National Park
- Jenny Lake Lodge Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming