“Great Food and Great Value”

Pioneer Grill at Jackson Lake Lodge
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Manchester, Vermont
“Great Food and Great Value”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Loved the quick service, widely varied menu and tasty meals. Ate here for breakfast every morning during our stay and was never disappointed. Particularly liked the gluten free toast and GF quinoa scramble and hot quinoa cereal. Ate here for dinner twice and again appreciated the choices, service and fresh, tasty food. This was our favorite restaurant in the Tetons including the Mural Room (which was also very good but more high-brow).

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Food Average At Best”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Rather disappointing, especially considering how lovely the cooking at the adjoining Mural Room restaurant. Toast dry, and the marbled rye bread is tasteless. . .why not offer real rye? Troutt is over breaded. Coffee is average. Be prepared for them to be out of all sorts of basic selections at breakfast. Service very uneven. Expensive for what you get.

Virginia
“Much better than expected!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

It was late, we were starving. I worked a lunch counter in the 1980s and I remembered the greasy food I made every day, so I didn't expect much from this place. Boy was I surprised! It was just charming. The staff like most we met at Jackson Lake Lodge were awesome: more conversational, smiling, and polite than elsewhere -- they make a great representatives of Yellowstone and America to visitors from around the world. Even more surprising was the food. My wedge salad with salmon was every bit as good as the expensive similar meal I ate at the fancy Old Faithful Inn several nights later. My husband also enjoyed his spinach salad a lot. At one point the head chef came out to meet customers and it was obvious he took pride in his kitchen. Well done! :-)

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Great food at affordable prices!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at Jackson Lake Lodge for 2 nights and chose to eat at Pioneer Grill for lunch one day. So glad we did. The food was fantastic & very reasonable prices for this location. I ordered the turkey avocado croissant with fries for $9.50. The fries were probably the best I've ever had! My husband loved the philly steak sandwich & kids had burgers and ice cream too. We loved it so much, we came back the next day. I wish we could have had breakfast there, but we were too late. We had to wait 1/2 hour from 10:30-11:00 for them to switch over to lunch, so we had lunch again. The wait staff acted like they were bored and didn't want to be there, but one girl was very ambitious and really took care of us. Overall a really decent place to eat.

Philadelphia, Pa
“Feels like a throwback diner”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Supposedly the oldest counter restaurant in the country. There are three u shaped counters and typical diner food. Salads were made with fresh and varied lettuce and the burgers were good - especially the buffalo burger. Our "neighbors" had very good shakes. The service was helpful and friendly. The lodge itself has an amazing Panoramic window for its lobby. A nice place for lunch with a beautiful view.

• Visited June 2013