“Good prices and food quality”

Pioneer Grill at Jackson Lake Lodge
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: For a less formal setting, the Pioneer Grill offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a classic 1950’s-style service. The Pioneer Grill at Jackson Lake Lodge is one of the oldest and rumored to be the longest continual counters at 200 ft. One counter snakes through the room, creating a friendly atmosphere where guests interact with travelers and employees from around the world. Be sure to enjoy one of our famous huckleberry milkshakes before you leave!
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Ate there several times during the summer on day trips to GTNP. Interesting multi-cultural staff. Not the most efficient but generally pleasant. Varied menu.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

On our camping trip last summer to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, my plan was to make most of our meals, ourselves. We stuck with that plan--even though Mom (i.e., me) was not exactly praised for her wonderful culinary planning... One memorable dining out experience my family of four did have, however, was at the Pioneer Grill at Jackson Lake Lodge. It's a fun informal place to sit and have a great meal. The kids got what they wanted including a mango smoothie for my son, Wyatt, and my husband and I were pleased with our choices. We ate at the Pioneer Grill twice during our stay at Grand Tetons and BOTH times I had the Paintbrush Canyon Chopped Salad. Oh so delicious....especially as I was craving crunchy salad after one-pot campstove meals. This salad was as pretty as it was scrumptious, and just as colorful as a mountain glen filled with wildflowers (seriously). The waitstaff is great, and the oversized diner atmosphere inviting!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

All seating is on barstools at the counter and since my husband is disabled he couldn't eat here, but it was nice for me to go to the counter and place an order to go and take it back to our room :) Good food and reasonable prices.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very casual place to get food all day long at Jackson Lake Lodge. It can be very busy, but we never had to wait for a table and they seem to have enough staff working to keep things moving along. We had dinner here the first night we arrived and breakfast most days. I do like how there are healthy options on the menu for breakfast so you don't have to eat greasy diner food. One thing that bugged me about breakfast was that the milk was usually not cold. I'm not sure how sanitary that is to let the milk sit out unrefrigerated, let alone the fact that it doesn't taste as good. The food is just average. It's a convenient option at the lodge and you don't have to make reservations like the Mural Room.

1  Thank lizsp33
Reviewed October 17, 2012

It's a large lunch counter restaurant with excellent food. One sits on a comfortable stool and orders the meal from the waitress working your counter. Absolutely spectacular salads beautifully prepared. The patron can keep to oneself or you can talk to your immediate neighbor diners and the server, and she is right there to check on you for anything that is needed. We'll be back when travelling again