“Nice Ambiance But Average Foid”

John Colter Cafe Court
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Ambiance But Average Foid”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

You eat here because it is convenient, not because it is good. Service fine, but food is a big disappointment. Try to go to the lake marina for pizza.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Pretty Good Place for Breakfast”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We dined here for breakfast once during our stay at the Colter Bay Cabins. It was spacious, clean, bright, and the wait staff was friendly and attentive. It looked to be a great place for lunch, too, but we were never around at lunch or dinner time.
For breakfast, my husband and sons had the breakfast bar, and I ordered scrambled eggs and a side of bacon.
The men all enjoyed their breakfast bar selections, except that the bacon may have been saved and reused from the day before (we don't know this - we're only guessing) since it tasted a bit rancid. The side of bacon I ordered was fresh and delicious, and was definitely different-tasting from the bacon my family got from the breakfast bar. My eggs were cooked perfectly. My husband and sons raved about how delicious the biscuits were. Our waiter was very friendly and kept our glasses full. We never mentioned our concerns about the breakfast-bar bacon; maybe we should have. It could've just been a fluke thing. Try this place for breakfast, and be sure to try the biscuits!

Visited June 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Good food”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Pretty good food and service. Huge portions. And your servers are from all over the world. We ended up eating a couple of times here for both breakfast and dinner.

• Visited July 2013
Hampton, Georgia
“A mixed review”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is an interesting system. You place your order and pay, and then find a seat. After the food is prepared, it is brought to your table. This worked very well for my husband and kids. Ten minutes or so after their food arrived, the server came to the table and told me that the entree I'd ordered was not available. I took them over twenty minutes to figure that out? I ordered and was brought another lunch, and it was very tasty. They just need a little better communication.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank KaraRogers
Orland Park, Illinois
“Good stop for a quick meal”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stopped for a quick lunch twice. Good menu choices. The hot dog is grilled and very good. The chicken quesadilla is really good. The fries are some of the best that I have ever had. Prices were very reasonable. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Visited June 2013