We stayed in the RV campground at ColterBay - part of GTL-Jackson Lake Lodge Resort. The first time in this area for our family. The Tetons, scenery and forest are breathtaking. We did more in seven days then planned but enjoyed it all. We saw over 24 different animals and birds in just one week. The "Bear Jams" was the only drawback which can stop traffic completely but the Rangers handle it very well.
Our activites included kayaking, fishing, white water rafting, horseback riding, hiking. Trips into Jackson, WY (45 min away) where we tried the Alpine Slide and tram ride as well as a few of the local restaurants, rodeo (Wed - Sat nights) and shopping. The area has something for everyone and just taking pictures became a full time event as there was something at almost every turn. A day trip to Yellowstone is well worth it to see all of the waterfalls and geysers.
The RV campground is very nice. The Lodge staff in all locations were very nice and helpful. Colter is alittle more laid back (then Jackson Lake) and has small general store for picking up groceries. The cabins and lodge rooms do not offer kitchenettes so we're glad we had a rental RV to do several of our meals but the restaurants we tried thru out the resort at different times were very good. They even have a heated pool at Jackson Lake which was great one day to relax.
DON'T FORGET to try Huckleberry ice cream, pie or jelly!!! Excellent!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on a bluff overlooking Jackson Lake with the Teton Range as a backdrop, this full-service resort hotel offers lodging, dining, meeting space, and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Jackson Lake Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackson Lake Hotel Grand Teton National Park
- Jackson Lake Lodge Wyoming
- Jackson Lake Wyoming
- Jackson Lake Lodge Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming