Jackson Lake Lodge
Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Flagg Ranch(Grand Teton National Park)(Great Value!)
$301
$235
  • Restaurant
Colter Bay Village(Grand Teton National Park)
$250
  • Restaurant
Jenny Lake Lodge(Grand Teton National Park)
$530
Teton Teepee Lodge(Alta)(Great Value!)
$139
$630
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Snake River Lodge and Spa(Teton Village)(Great Value!)
$256
  • Pool
Alpenhof Lodge(Teton Village)(Great Value!)
$336
Hotels.com
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort(Teton Village)(Great Value!)
$299
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort(Teton Village)(Great Value!)
$329
Inn at Jackson Hole(Teton Village)(Great Value!)
$289
2,040 results
All reviewspioneer grillmural roomthe cottagesthe blue heronclassic cottagegrand tetonswillow flatsview cottagethe activities deskceiling fanupper lobbymoose pond viewnational parkjackson lakeking patiotwo storythe main hotel
Reviewed September 28, 2009

The lodge is in a great location above the flats on Jackson Lake, with the best view of the Tetons. The main lodge is beautiful, with large windows facing the view. The front desk was friendly and efficient. A couple restaurants and stores were in the main building. We booked a mountain view cottage room, which was a short distance from the main lodge. It was actually more like a motel room, but the view was incredible. No TV. Our room had a private deck. Beds were very comfortable and, while there was no air conditioning, there was a ceiling fan. The bathroom was satisfactory, except that soap and shampoo came out of a dispenser - so I felt like I was in my office bathroom! We were able to see a moose and some elk in the evening on the flats. The Mural Restaurant has a great menu, with delicious food and good service. It was amazing to eat, while watching darkness descend over the Tetons. Overall a good experience, and the view was memorable and priceless and worth the money.

Reviewed September 28, 2009

As others have said, you are paying for the location. The cabins are really motel-style units that retain their mid-century "charm". However, the interior of our cabin had been updated with new carpet, curtains, lighting, linens, art, and furniture that were very attractive and pretty luxurious as far as park accommodations go. We were in a king/patio unit. The bed was large and comfortable. The patio looked out over a field toward the horse corral. There was a lot of storage/closet space. We were put in a handicapped unit for some reason so the bathroom was large which was nice. The bathroom has not been updated yet but was fine. There was a second sink outside the bathroom where the coffee pot was located, which was also nice. The room was very comfortable and a short walk to the main building. It was a little loud re: pipes and water running, etc. The lobby is certainly spectacular and worth seeing even if you aren't staying at the hotel. We were there in September so it was pretty quiet - mostly older tourists and no families to speak of. We saw lots of elk in the flats below the hotel. We had breakfast in the Mural Room one morning which was very nice. The room is beautiful with gorgeous view. We passed on the buffet and ordered off the menu. The ricotta pancakes were delicious - light and fluffy. My dad loved them. The home fries were also very good. We had dinner in the Blue Heron Lounge. It was crowded and loud. There were a lot of tourists in the bar watching a college football game and the television was blaring. There are no tvs in the rooms so this was their only option but it was really distracting and hard to have a conversation. We would have gone to the dining room for dinner but it was over an hour wait and we were tired and hungry. Also, the service was very, very slow. My mom liked her trout wrap but I was a little disappointed with the game burger which lacked seasoning. All in all, it's a bit more expensive than I would like for this type of room, but it is a great location. I might look into Colter Bay for my next trip for better value.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank bostowyo
Reviewed September 24, 2009

I spent two nights at this hotel, and I would gladly stay here again.

I was in one of the "cottages / cabins", and although my room did not look like much on the outside, it had been redecorated recently, and was quite attractive. It was also very clean.

I ate dinner both nights at the Blue Heron Bar and Grill, which seems less stuffy than the Mural Room. I had chili one night, and an elk burger the other, washed down both nights by Mighty Bison Brown Ale, an Idaho micro brew. Both the food and beer were terrific. I particularly liked the Blue Heron because many locals come there - I wound up spending four hours there one night, because there were so many fun people to hang out with!

The highlight of my stay was a ranger hike at Phelps Lake, in the south end of the park (about a 45 minute drive from the Lodge). The ranger led me to within fifty feet of two bear cubs - even though the cubs' mother was nearby, the ranger said mama bear would not view us as a threat if we stayed quiet.

I also took a boat cruise across Jenny Lake, and hiked up to Inspiration Point on the far side of the lake. Even though it was rainy, the cruise and the hike were still worthwhile.

One of the hotel employees encouraged me to take the drive up to Signal Mountain (about 15 minutes from the lodge). Signal Mountain is about 1,000 feet higher than the lodge, and has great views of Jackson Lake, and the Tetons beyond.

You will not be disappointed if you stay here!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Highly recommend a visit to the Lodge even if you aren’t staying here. Huge lobby with an amazing view of the lake and mountains. It’s wonderful to be able to watch the Elk interact in the field behind the hotel. Often find park rangers there with scopes but we saw quite a few with naked eyes. It’s a very short drive to Oxbow Bend where we had great wildlife and landscape views at dawn, one of my favorite spots in the whole trip.

We stayed in a “cabin”, really a motel row a few min walk from the main building. It was a little dark and stuffy and very expensive but you are paying for the location. If you want an incredible view from your room, I think the hotel view rooms would have it. For an extra $100, I didn’t mind the walk.

Overall, glad I stayed here and recommend it.

2  Thank TheArTraveler
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Our stay at Jackson Lake Lodge could not have been better. The rooms have been recently remodeled and are much more contemporary than typically seen in the national parks. The location is excellent, with quick access (by car) to numerous hiking trails, bike paths, and the lake. The most surprising aspect was the high quality of the food. From the casual bar food at the lounge to the upscale game centered menu of the Mural Room, the meals were fresh and inventive. Several vegetarian items were offered as well. And there are few better places on earth for the post hike Snake River Pale Ale! We would return in a heartbeat and recommend it highly.

1  Thank ImagEye