Our two night stay at the Jackson Lake Lodge was well along in our travels across the USA to the Grand Teton/Yellowstone area, and one we were looking forward to as we had splurged for a Mountain View Cottage. We were given room #365, far off to the left side of the resort, and on the second floor end. Loved the location. The view of the Tetons from the picture window did not disappoint (see photo attached)! Phenomenal! What a way to wake up in the morning! We also had a very nice balcony where I took photos of the Tetons at sunrise while sipping coffee (coffeemaker in the room). We were two adults and two children, the room had two queen beds and the room felt sufficiently big. It was not plush, but this is a cabin in a national park after all. There was no TV (we didn't mind!), but did have a small refrigerator and bar/ sink area outside the bathroom, which was convenient.
We ate one night at the Pioneer Grill (50's style diner) in the main lodge, and the special that night was a chef's choice pork belly. Not typical for a diner, but very nicely prepared and delicious. Of course, the kids had mac 'n cheese and a bison burger, which they also said were very good. The second night we attended the poolside BBQ buffet. I don't know where they sourced the beef brisket, but it was fantastic! Plenty of hearty food. We had two staff attending us who were from Spain, and the service was very good. There was also a musician playing live music.
For those looking to see wildlife or a sunset behind the lodge, but not wanting to stand with all the other guests on the main patio, follow the path that goes to the right (north) of the lodge and it goes up the hill to a really nice viewing area. Great place to be alone at sunrise!
We had an unfortunate incident in the middle of our two night stay not related to the Lodge (our car broke down and had to be towed to Jackson 30 miles away). When the staff, led by Director of Hotel Services Zachary Meyers, found out about our problem, they went above and beyond to assist including arranging a ride to the Jackson airport to obtain a rental car. We were very thankful for their help. We look forward to going back to the Jackson Lake Lodge (or their other property the Jenny Lake Lodge) on our next visit to the area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on a bluff overlooking Jackson Lake with the Teton Range as a backdrop, this full-service resort hotel offers lodging, dining, meeting space, and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jackson Lake Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackson Lake Hotel Grand Teton National Park
- Jackson Lake Lodge Wyoming
- Jackson Lake Wyoming
- Jackson Lake Lodge Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming