My mom and I have stayed at Jackson Lake Lodge for the last three years trips to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. My parents stayed here for the first time in the late 1960's, and I love the sentimental aspect of being here along with the other great aspects of being here.
We love Jackson Lake Lodge overall. We always stay in a Teton View Cottage. This year, that ran us about $300.00 a night. The lobby is wonderful with it's spectacular view of the meadows and the Teton range. The cafeteria is very nostalgic in a good way. It is clean and generally serves good food for the price. The decorations and room itself hasn't changed much over the years, which makes it really lovely. Dining in the Mural Room offers pretty good food and an outstanding view of the Tetons.
What really dampened this trip for us was the horribly inconsiderate parents that allowed their children to yell and scream out on their cottage balconies and on the grassy areas in front of the cottages. Children woke us up at 6:30 one morning and later that afteroon, while we were trying to enjoy the beauty, peace and quiet that our balcony and view should have offered, we again had to put up with listening to two separate groups of children screaming, yelling, and batting rocks. I talked to the front desk, to no avail. They did not address our concern at all. I guess in the pc world today, the rights of inconsiderate parents and their unruly children take priority over behaving properly for the environment . I was very angry with the situation and asked to be moved to a view lodge room. Of course, they did not have any available. So I wrote a note and put it on the door of the inconsiderate parents - that made me feel a little better. We stayed one more night and left the following morning, cutting our stay short by one night, and decided that in the future, if we were to stay at Jackson Lake Lodge, it would only be in a view Lodge room. At least there are no balconies for unruly children to annoy adults.
The second floor View Cottage rooms have a high ceiling, comfortable beds and pillows, a sitting area, and plenty of storage. They were refurbished several years ago with new carpeting and bedding. A sink, coffee pot and refrigerator are off the bathroom. The bathrooms could use some updating.
We travel the first week of June or after Labor Day to this area, avoiding families the best we can, but it didn't work this year. The lack of staff to address our problem forced me to leave an overall average. Had it not been for the rude parents and children and staff not addressing the problem, I would have given Jackson Lake Lodge a 4 star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on a bluff overlooking Jackson Lake with the Teton Range as a backdrop, this full-service resort hotel offers lodging, dining, meeting space, and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Jackson Lake Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackson Lake Hotel Grand Teton National Park
- Jackson Lake Lodge Wyoming
- Jackson Lake Wyoming
- Jackson Lake Lodge Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming