“Impeccable service, food as expected!!”

John Colter's Ranch House
Cuisines: American
Description: Designed to express the Western spirit of the local homesteaders, it depicts images of historical locations throughout Grand Teton National Park. Be sure to saddle up to the large bar and see the many ranching brands that have been burned into the bar top. The brands represent area ranches where the cabins of Colter Bay Village were originally built. Enjoy delectable rustic comfort food offerings with a world flare. The menu features classics and newly evolved cuisine in a ranch house setting, complete with a generous menu for every age. Relax at the bar or in a comfortable booth for a hearty dinner. Chef Conrad uses local buffalo, all natural beef, sustainable seafood and some local produce. Open late May - late September.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Because we stayed in Colter Bay Cabins, there was little choice for dinner, if you didn't wish to drive after the meal. So we ended up in the Ranch House. My wife was not hungry at all so she only had a tea. I was not very hungry so I sought for a light dish and ordered trout. I have eaten quite a bit of trout in my life and I like it, because it is easy to cook and remains juicy on the bone, if it is not treated too badly. Trout as I know is a fish with head and tail, however to me two flat pieces of fillet were presented. I explained to the waiter that this wasn't trout, but trout fillet and I didn't want that. I was perhaps a bit irritated, however the waiters and the assistant-manager understood me and didn't make any problem, on te contrary! They suggested me another light dish, Ceasar's salad with chicken and I ate to my likings. The check appeared and there was only what I really consumed. Words do not do them justice enough, but the service was impeccable. Next evening we returned and it was the same. Friendly, helpful etc. I can't say otherwise then that lot of upscale restaurants could learn of the attitude and readiness to serve of the staff of the Ranch House. To be honest the food both days was OK but not great. That can be the difference between European taste and American cooking traditions. The service attitude makes us go back though when in the area.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had a very pleasant dinner at the Ranch House. The food was excellent, the surroundings were pleasant, and we had both a waiter and waitress looking after our every need. I'd already had a big lunch, so I ordered a pulled-pork sandwich off of the appetizer menu. It tasted great and was still plenty of food.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We ate here for breakfast and dinner - neither time was very good. To be fair, some members of our group enjoyed their meals more than others. It looked like steak was the biggest palate pleaser. Price isn't an issue - what other option is there, drive to Jackson Hole and overpay there? Our servers were great and took great care of us.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked the rack rate which includes breakfast at the Ranch House for only one of our two nights at Colter Bay. We ended up back at the Ranch House the second morning since we enjoyed the food and service. In the morning they have a breakfast bar or you can order off the menu. My daughter and I had the bar both days and my wife ordered off the menu. The food was fresh and was a good start to a day of hiking. It is located centrally in the village so an easy walk from cabins or campground.

1  Thank Turbo_11
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We dined at the ranch house our first night at GTNP. We enjoyed bison, local trout and other local foods as well as traditional "American fare."