“Best way to experience The Grand Canyon”
other travelers have booked this property
Glamping in style and comfort.
Frequent guests in camp. Safari style dinning
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Frequent guests in camp.
Safari style dinning
Attention to detail
Quality time and family fun
A.L.E. Dinner setting in the woods of the Grand Canyon
Curious Neighbors near camp.
Hiking down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
Phantom Ranch Campsite at the bottom of the Grand Canyon
Sunrise in the Canyon
Looking forward to seeing you soon
Grand Winter Wonderland
Ever-changing moods of the Canyon
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jojoswede...
Lund, Sweden
“Best way to experience The Grand Canyon ”
Reviewed July 11, 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

We can’t thank the ALE team enough for our fantastic three night glamping experience at the Grand Canyon. Big thanks to Mark, Shaun and Sam!
The tent was really comfortable, the food was outstanding, the hikes were really enjoyable (and pitched perfectly to our family’s capability) and the guides were knowledge and fun to be with. Mark and Shaun’s passion for The Grand Canyon is infectious! We definitely got the experience that we wanted! The kids (9 year old twins) loved it.

Kristy P
“Can't give enough praise......”
Reviewed June 23, 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

I can only do justice to the team at Arizona Luxury Expeditions (ALE) by fashioning this review as a thank you note. Thanks to Don, Mark, Sam and Shawn for treating our family to a vacation we will never forget. Thank you for treating us like old friends even though we had just met. Thank you for teaching us about the history of the Grand Canyon with engaging stories and personal experiences. And thank you for treating us to amazing food that I'm still not sure how you pulled off without electricity!!
If you are even remotely thinking about doing this.....DO IT. My family of 4 (mom, dad and 2 boys, 11 & 9) stayed 4 nights - and we could have stayed 5! We hiked, biked, rafted and saw more of the canyon than we every could have imagined. We are a family who has never camped before but the team anticipated our every need. We had hot coffee, great food, excellent wine, hot showers, and amazing company. My boys didn't have an electronic the whole trip and didn't miss it a bit.
Five star reviews are hard to come by but ALE deserves it. Don and Lorraine were extremely responsive in the planning of the trip and we felt totally prepared by the time we went. The trip was everything we were hoping for and more. I have already recommended the trip to several friends back home. We can't wait to do it again at another location.
P.S. A very special thanks for getting the Elk to smile for the pictures!

LoveTrave...
“Perfect bucket list trip. Every aspect of this adventure was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!”
Reviewed May 6, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
people found this review helpful

I can not speak highly enough of Don and his crew; Mark, Shawn, and Sam, surpassing all of our expectations. My 70 y.o father told me he wanted to see the Grand Canyon. I said let's do it. I was immediately overwhelmed with the task. After much research, discussion and even a travel agent, I had no idea how to put all of the locations, activities and lodging together. These gracious hosts put together the perfect bucket list trip. Do not hesitate at the price, I promise, You could pay 3x as much and never be able to recreate these breathtaking locations, quality accommodations, amazing meals, and personal service. These professionals are everything they advertise and more.

Your age range 35-49
JenniferD...
“Wonderful Family Vacation”
Reviewed May 1, 2018 for a stay in March 2018
people found this review helpful

It has taken me a while to write this up because our stay with ALE is hard to put into words. It was truly a wonderful experience for our whole family...and that doesn't happen much. We were traveling with our active 16 year old son and our 13 year old daughter who has autism. We wanted to tour the Grand Canyon area before our son leaves home other adventures and thought this might be a nice way to do it. The staff with ALE is top notch. They are accommodating, but more than that, they are kind and accepting. They asked what we wanted to do and made sure we were able to do everything we wanted. We wanted to walk along the rim, but for safety reasons, we needed to keep our daughter in her chair. They drove us to quiet, paved walking paths and knew all the best lookout points. Mark was our guide for most of our stay and he was so knowledgeable. Our son enjoyed chatting with him on our walks. One of my favorite pictures is of our son and Mark walking ahead of us, just chatting away. His primary form of communication is "texting" :) so I loved this. Mark also took us for walk through part of the Kaibab National Forest-one that our daughter could safely do and he knew where the drop offs were to alert us in advance.

Lorraine and Mark shared cooking duties during our stay and the food was outstanding! The 16 year old never left the table hungry. Our daughter was not big on sitting with others in a confined space so either ate al fresco or after we all left the tent. She cleared her plate almost every meal because Loraine made certain she had lots of yummy gluten free options.

Our tents were well appointed and the beds were cozy and comfortable. The low night time temps were in the upper 20's. While the tents were cold, our beds kept us nice and warm.

After our stay we were heading to Zion National Park for more sightseeing and we were given lots of tips on what not to miss while on our way there.

At the end of our weeklong trip when I asked the family what their favorite part was, it was a unanimous "GLAMPING!" We were able to connect as a family and felt very welcome and at home with all the ALE staff. I cannot say enough about how very kind and accepting everyone was. We don't see that often, as our daughter's behavior can be challenging at times, but with understanding and patience she can really be a lot of fun and we got experience her at some of her best on this trip.

I would 100% do this again.

NYCHJC
New York City, New York
“5 STAR GLAMPING!”
Reviewed April 13, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

Just finished two nights of glamping with the STELLAR crew at ALE. Booking and paying for our trip was a breeze. When we landed, I received a text from Don, the owner to let us know exactly where to meet. We wasted no time and did some hiking at the Grand Canyon before we made it to camp. After sunset, we went back to camp and checked out our 5 star tent. There was EVERYTHING we needed- queen bed, heaters, snacks, water, lights- you name it. It was almost like we are at the Four Seasons or Mandarin of tents. The food was EXTRAORDINARY! Chef Mark was fantastic. We had an excellent meal for dinner and breakfast both days. I've been blessed to eat in some of the best restaurants in the world and his cooking was on par w/those places AND my friend and I are BIG eaters. There were seconds, thirds and probably fourths. and dessert...OMG incredible. We also made smores by the campfire. Breakfast was amazing too- yogurt, muffins, fruit, eggs, bacon- and the coffee- SOOOO GOOD!!!
The GC!! WOW! Don and his staff knew EVERYTHING about the canyon. Took us to places we would NEVER have found. We literally started at 9:30am and got back to camp at 6pm. Our experience with ALE was tremendous and highly recommended. ALE was top notch and I highly recommend them to everyone! Thank you Don, Mark and Sean for making our trip to the Grand Canyon so special!

balfonsi
Fenton, Missouri
“Amazing Glamping Experience”
Reviewed April 3, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

My family stayed 2 nights with Arizona Luxury Expeditions and had an amazing time. Don and Lorraine run a top notch operation. The accommodations were great! They catered to our every need and cooked every meal to perfection. Who knew you could eat gourmet meals at a campsite! They even catered to our 10 and 7 year old sons-Sam made sure they were never without hot chocolate with the perfect amount of whipped cream!
I can’t say enough about our wonderful guide Mark! He took us on 2 days full of adventures and made sure we were prepared with snacks and water. His knowledge of the area was impressive. He pointed out numerous things along each hike that we never would have seen on our own. We got to see his favorite spots off the beaten track too! I recommend anyone planning a trip to the Grand Canyon should definitely check out AZ luxury expeditions for a once in a lifetime experience! Although we hope to make it twice in a Lifetime and check out some of the other locations they service!

mpc2012
Santiago, Chile
“wonderful!”
Reviewed January 7, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

We had an amazing experience! we stayed in a hogan and could not believe the reception! Mark and Don had a wonderful tent with a great meal, we had a great night's sleep in a hogan. The following day we rode horses after an amazing breakfast. Thank you!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing