“INCREDIBLE Grand Canyon glamping -- an 11 on a...”
other travelers have booked this property
Glamping in style and comfort.
Frequent guests in camp. Safari style dinning
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Frequent guests in camp.
Safari style dinning
Attention to detail
Quality time and family fun
A.L.E. Dinner setting in the woods of the Grand Canyon
Curious Neighbors near camp.
Hiking down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
Phantom Ranch Campsite at the bottom of the Grand Canyon
Sunrise in the Canyon
Looking forward to seeing you soon
Grand Winter Wonderland
Ever-changing moods of the Canyon
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lisa W
Tiburon, California
“INCREDIBLE Grand Canyon glamping -- an 11 on a scale of 10!”
Reviewed May 30, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

Our Memorial Day trip to the Grand Canyon was AMAZING -- and it was all due to Arizona Luxury Expeditions. Specifically it was the perfect weekend because of Don, Lorraine and Mark, our hosts from AZ Lux Tours. I can't rave enough about the three of them. First, the accommodations were ridiculously nice. Yes, we were in tents, but they were no ordinary tents. Inside was every amenity that you would seek in a hotel. Our tent had a queen size bed and a twin for our daughter -- so cozy with super soft linens and a heavy quilt. The tent was stocked with plush towels, a carry tote filled with all the toiletries you would need to take a shower, a wash basin, and a side table with Kleenex, water bottles and flashlights. They thought of everything. And the campsite had a "dining tent," (I kid you not), a kitchen tent, a shower and private toilet. This was the very definition of glamping!
Second, the meals were incredible! We're a big foodie family so high end meals were a must for us. They did not disappoint. Mark used to be an executive chef and wow, it showed. We had BBQ ribs and chicken one night, steak and shrimp another. For breakfast, we had eggs, waffles, French toast (with hot maple syrup)...honestly, the food was endless. Despite having hiked and biked all day, we came home from camping having gained weight. Oh and did I mention the apple cobbler and brownies that were baked over the fire - in addition to the camp fire s'mores!
Finally, Don and Mark each took us on a guided hike. Since this was our first trip to the Grand Canyon, their knowledge of the canyon and trails was invaluable. They knew which hikes to take at what time of day (to avoid the crowds). And while you're hiking, they are telling you all about the rock formations, the wildlife and the vegetation. Make sure they take you to their favorite overlook to watch the sunset one night. It was honestly one of the most beautiful sights ever. Don and Mark will be as involved with your day-to-day as much as you want - or will leave you alone and simply provide advice on what to do.
We can't wait to use Arizona Luxury Expeditions again for a trip to Zion and Bryce. Honestly, we would not do those trips without Don, Lorraine and Mark by our side. They were the most gracious hosts ever -- really lovely people who took customer-service to a whole new level.
p.s. While we were there, we checked out some of the high end hotels on the rim of the canyon. Would choose to stay with AZ Lux Tours over any of these hotels without question!

Jun 1, 2017
Hello Lisa,
Thank you for the raving review that you wrote for us.
One of the best parts of our business is getting to meet some really great people and have the opportunity and pleasure to really get to know them by spending a lot of time together during their stay.
You and your family are why we started this type of business, our goal is to share our passion and love for some of the most incredible landscapes and areas on earth with guests that want more than to just see the sights, we wanted adventurous people (like you and your family) to actually experience them and have an authentic experience.
You, Peter, and Sydney we're a pleasure to have as our guests, and we look forward very much to seeing you again in Zion and Bryce.
Cheers,
Don
Navyspous...
Virginia
“Awesome! Camping, hiking, canyons, rafting.....”
Reviewed April 21, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

I have never slept in a tent before in my life. I loved this adventure because while it isn't "roughing it" you still get a true camping experience. Don, Lorraine, and Mark make you feel like you are staying with old friends.
Mark was delightful. He is an amazing chef, a master storyteller, and is a walking Wikipedia of the Grand Canyon!
Don seems to know everyone in Arizona (as my son said) and really seems to have a passion for sharing information and history of Arizona.
We spent three nights. I would suggest 4 nights. We could have used one more day in the Grand Canyon.
We took Don's pre trip advice and booked tours in Page Arizona. Don joins you for the day and drives you so you can enjoy the scenery.
I would say the best part of the trip was chatting with Mark about his adventures and having help my 10 yr old son and I on our first trail hike into the Canyon. People on the trail would stop and listen as Mark gave us cool facts about the geology of the Canyon.
I would do this again in a heartbeat! I would be sure to make sure Mark was going to be on the tour (although I am sure Don will always find the best people).

cooltubno...
wisconsin
“First camping experience was amazing because it was GLAMPING!”
Reviewed March 30, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

We are a family of 6, 2 boys ages 11 and 14, 2 adults and 2 seniors. None of us had been to the Grand Canyon and decided that if we were ever going to glamp this was the place. We spent two night at a perfect camp site with air mattresses, heaters, generators, and everything we could possibly need to camp. We arrived with a carry on bag worth of luggage for each pair of us and settled right in. Our guide, Don, immediately took us to the GC for our first look as well as to orient us to the area. After a nice walk along the rim he picked us up and it was time for dinner. The food was fantastic, thanks to our chef, Mark. Every meal was perfect and required nothing from us other than for us to enjoy it. Desserts were s'mores and apple crisp made in our camp fire. The elk walked right in to camp and we fell asleep to coyotes howling and woke to ravens quorking. Don took my husband and boys on a more challenging morning hike and took all of us on an easier hike in the afternoon. His knowledge of the GC is extensive and he is a perfect guide for hiking. Next time we make it to AZ we're hoping to make it another glamping experience with ALE. I have a feeling we'll have to make our reservations even further in advance.

Jofeen
Basel, Switzerland
“Wonderful trip!”
Reviewed November 5, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

We had a fantastic trip to Grand Canyon and Sedona. Don and Lorraine made sure our trip was perfect - taking care of everything. The tents were great, and Lorraine's cooking excellent. Thoroughly recommend the experience.

Traveling group: Young Children
Nov 6, 2016
Hello Jason and Jo, Kit and Will
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
We had such a great time with your family, we really enjoyed the hiking and exploring the back trails of the Grand Canyon and Sedona with everyone, and we look forward to seeing you all again in the near future.

Cheers,
Don and Lorraine
canacea
“Luxury at its Finest - The BEST PRIVATE TOUR in Arizona”
Reviewed September 21, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

The BEST PRIVATE TOUR in Arizona.

I was staying in Paradise Valley for three days. Having been to AZ many times, Ive never made it to Antelope Canyon; a bucket list destination. Arizona Luxury Expeditions made my dream become a reality.

I called about 7 different tour agencies looking for a company that offered a tour to Antelope which is in Page, AZ. Page is in the middle of nowhere; by no means easy to get to.

Arizona Luxury Expeditions is the only company that I found to offer a tour out of Paradise Valley (pick up at your hotel) to Antelope however, the next available tour was booked. I was set on getting to Antelope so I asked about private tour options.

When everything seemed hopeless, the company pulled through and found us a rental SUV and a guide that was willing to take us out for the entire day which was 5:00 am until 9:15 pm.

Don our guide picked us up promptly at 5:00 am. He had water and snacks for us in the back cooler if needed.

If you have the opportunity to have Don as your guide, consider yourself fortunate. He is THE BEST. Don drove us around for 16 hours, in at times severe weather and rain and safely got us to each destination. He gave us a thorough detailed history/background of each stop and at no point did I feel like I was on a tour, rather on a road trip with an old friend who knew everything about EVERYTHING.

Don has an amazing background in chemistry, tourism and even horse breeding; he's the type of person that has a tremendous amount of useful and applicable knowledge.

For those of you with kids, Don would be excellent. He can explain things in a simple yet interesting matter where you actually process what you learn. There was never a point where Don was giving us too much information to the point of overload, it was just enough to intrigue, spark interest and promote questions. Don was made for this job and I feel fortunate to have had him as our guide. It's really amazing how much knowledge my mom and I left with.

From Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon, the start of the Grand Canyon and to Glen Canyon, we saw it all. At no time were were rushed or hustled to the next location, everything was around our pace and what WE wanted to do. We did have a reservation at Antelope for 1:30 pm, you have to have a reservation for Antelope however again nothing was rushed. After Antelope, the four of us sat down for a wonderful BBQ lunch nearby. It was some of the best BBQ I have ever had btw...

Arizona Luxury Expeditions went above and beyond to accommodate me and my mom. They allowed me to see places I only dreamed of and accompanied those memorable sights with an AMAZING guide full of knowledge. It was the perfect day, one that I will remember for the rest of my life.

I am already in the process of booking my next adventure for the late fall with Arizona Luxury Expeditions and I can't wait.

mblaine20...
Menlo Park, California
“Glamping gives you time to have unique fun together”
Reviewed July 11, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

Glamping with Don and Lorraine gave our family time to have so much fun together. While we explored all there was to do in Sedona during the day,. our camp was prepared for us in first class style. What could be better than a cool dip in the river, followed by a hot shower, drinks by the river, then an elegantly served gourmet meal. Good conversation, coffee and dessert around the campfire, made us ready to go to our spacious fur-skin carpeted tent and curl up in our queen sized bed. It really doesn't get any better than this.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The attention to all the details
Liked least: The red rocks od Sedona weren't around us.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 14, 2016
Dear Marge,
Thank you taking the time to write us such a wonderful review.
One of our the most favorite things about our Glamping business is getting to spend a lot of time in camp together with our guests.
We are very fortunate to have some of the most interesting and really fun people joining us on our tours, and we truly enjoyed the time spent getting to know you and your family, and we hope to see all of you again in the future.

Don Stevens
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing