Bright Angel Lodge
$110
$161
$250
2,659 results
All reviewsrim cabinbright angelhistoric cabingrand canyonsouth rimshared showerel tovararizona roompartial view cabinthese cabinsqueen bedprivate bathown bathroomfew stepsceiling fanthin wallskolb studio
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed in one of the cabins for 3 nights. Although we couldn't see the canyon from our cabin, we were only 50 yards away from the rim trail and the lodge so location was perfect. The cabins are old but the bathroom has had a recent makeover and is as nice as anything you will find in a major chain. The room had a small fridge and a ceiling fan to keep things cool. Shuttle bus stops are a short walk as are the other major lodges and dining rooms. Would highly recommend these cabins for the best Grand Canyon experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This was a nice place to stay right near the edge of the Grand Canyon south Rim, what a great place. The restaurant was really good value. Was a pleasant surprise, we ate there both nights.
there were animals outside the hut we stayed in so that was brilliant. Only thing we could find fault was the size of the bed which was the smallest one out of the 10 days we stayed in hotels. Was quite surprised by America standards, it was as small as a double in Britain. No showers in room, but the ones in corridor were more than good enough,also there was a cubicle with a bath in. At least we had a toilet in room and wash basin.

Room Tip: It is in the National Park so don't expect rooms to be like the Ritz
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed in the little cabins right on the rim. They are basic, clean and comfortable. Staff is very nice. Food is excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for cabin with a view, but not backing to parking lot. Cabin numbers 53, 54, & 55.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tamminsun
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Obviously here you're paying the cheapest price to stay in a great location. We booked about 6 months in advance but could only get a cabin not on the rim. The actual distance from the rim was about 100 ft or so, so no big deal but there was no view of anything so beware if you book one of these expecting to see something apart from the road or the cabin next door.

Check in was a bit of a drag as after waiting for the couple in front to get checked in I then had to wait nearly 10 mins while the clerk typed some kind of tome on the PC. He did apologise but really? No real sense of priority.

The room itself was quite small but clean and part of a cabin that had 4 rooms. Walls were very thin and we could hear pretty much everything going on next door. Decent size bathroom with shower over the tub. No AC though, just a ceiling fan and on the day we arrived the temperature was a record for May at 108 or 110 I think. The room was unbearably hot and stifling and even after opening all the windows and the door with the fan going flat out for the evening it was still uncomfortable. The room also had a fridge, coffee maker and tv - but nowhere to sit and watch it so had to sit in bed. Not my fave.

We ate at the restaurant in the main lodge which didn't look particularly exciting at first glance, especially as when we walked in the staff at the door were having some kind of argument, but actually the food was pretty good - cheapish and tasty Margaritas too.

Would I stay here again? No. In fact I'm not sure I'd stay in any of the lodges having seen the setup around the village. About 10 mins drive away, just outside the western exit of the park is a small town(name escapes me) with a whole bunch of lodging options. Not very exciting I know if your heart is set on staying at the Grand Canyon but most places advertised AC and free wifi etc. If I went again I would probably use this option and drive into the park to do the bus tour and take pictures etc.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We booked nearly a year ahead to get a cabin with a partial view of the canyon. It was the most expensive night of our trip through the American Southwest and also the smallest bedroom. This is a fact, not a complaint. I knew it would be so. The cabin was cozy and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom facilities have clearly been upgraded in the recent past. My only actual complaint which applies to a few other hotels as well) is that they have replaced the little bottles of shampoo with large dispensers on the back wall of the shower/tub. Am I the only one who takes baths and washes her hair under the tub tap? It's just about impossible to dispense shampoo facing the opposite direction from below.

Our partial view was minimal thanks to a bush outside the window, but we were only 15 or so paces away from the rim. Most of my time in the cabin was spent with my eyes closed. The other early risers were so quiet that I was surprised to see so many people on the rim at 5:30 a.m. when we went out to photograph the sunrise.

It would be helpful when confirming reservations for the hotel to send a map identifying where to park while registering and/or overnighting. The village is so crowded and chaotic that we ended up parking where we could and hiking over to the lodge (stressed by not knowing if it was OK to park where we had parked) where we were THEN given an idea of where to park.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple