“Late Lunch after mule ride”

Bright Angel Restaurant, Fountain & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

Great place to eat after our 12:00 pm mule ride of the south rim Grand Canyon!
The Arizona Cobb salad was excellent and the chicken club sandwich was also great. Be sure to order lots of water especially if you go after the mule ride. You will be happy but thirsty!

Reviewed July 15, 2016

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at this restaurant. The turkey dinner was outstanding. The atmosphere is pleasant but definitely for tired families who have been hiking the Canyon. Don't go expecting a romantic dinner. But the food was excellent.

Reviewed July 14, 2016

I was glad to sit down inside an air conditioned restaurant so that's a plus for this place. The hostess was less than excited to be doing her job. My husband thought she was rude, but I'll just say disengaged. She did seat us, so technically she did her job. Our waitress was nice enough but we were served in plastic cups. Some people had glass so I think they just ran out, but still they're a restaurant at the GC, they should plan for crowds in summer and buy some more glasses. I got the smoked salmon wrap with spinach better titled the SPINACH and canned salmon wrap, very disappointing. The red potato salad was dressed like salad bar macaroni salad, yuck! My daughters burger was dry, fries limp. My other daughter liked the Mac n cheese but the apple slices tasted really weird, salty and vinegary. Maybe soaked in preservative? My husband said the Cesaer salad with chicken was fine. Took a long time to get a refill on iced tea, then they brought coke by mistake. Still it was better than the long line at the Fountain outside and it sustained us.

Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

We had a fantastic breakfast here at the end of our trip. My only regret is not eating here on the day we arrived because we would have been here more. The service was on point, and the bacon was amazing. Our server quickly found the way to my heart was coffee and she kept my cup full the whole time, it was great not having to ask for a refill constantly. My husband was won over when he looked up to ask for another ice tea and our server was already walking over with one. I would highly recommend eating here, one of the best restaurants in the park.

Reviewed July 14, 2016

While staying at the Grand Canyon we ate both dinner and breakfast at the Bright Angel Lodge. Both meals were mediocre at best. Since I have food allergies (dairy & wheat) I ordered build your own burger which was fine. We had guacamole and stuffed jalapenos which were the best thing we ordered. My boyfriend order Trailblazing Fajitas which came wrapped in blue tortilla. These tasted like cardboard. For breakfast, he wanted the blueberry pancakes and we were told after we had been seated that due to a water shortage there were not pancakes, but French toast was available. He is still talking about “no pancakes”. A sign posted at the entrance to the restaurant would have been helpful. In addition don’t bring water to everyone at the table unless they want it. As my boyfriend said they could have used the glass of water he was given to make his pancakes since he didn’t drink his water. Problem is there are limited choices to eat if you are staying in the Grand Canyon National Park. We drove into town the next night.