“Roadtrip Through Grand Canyon”
Review of Air Grand Canyon - CLOSED

Air Grand Canyon
More attraction details
Owner description: Bring your camera and video camera and get a glimpse of the Grand Canyon from the comfort and unbeatable viewpoint of a small aircraft. Tours range from 20-90 minutes and are priced from $74 per person.
Reviewed January 16, 2012

The landscape was redish hues of dirt,spewed with cactus and rocky shapes,it would be nice to raft the river or take donkeys down the trails canyon,Just looking down is cool but after a few minutes,its enough.

1  Thank smokin s
There are newer reviews for Air Grand Canyon

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Were bumped off flights on the first day due to lack of seats, so we had to re-book for the second day. Were told an incorrect pick up time, missed the pickup and were told to taxi out to airport which was 40mins away. Arrived only to be told there were again no seats... and to queue at the bus desk to catch the shuttle back. They did not even care - it was like they found it humorous. We were really disappointed as we booked this in advance and now we have to fly home to New Zealand without having visited the canyon. Gutted :(

9  Thank csp24
Reviewed August 14, 2011

After doing lots of research on here and around Las Vegas we opted for Grand Canyon airlines and the plane tour to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.

At £100 cheaper than the helicopter it was a bit more in our budget and looked to offer more than the helicopter tour. In research everyone said that the south rim was better and less of a tourist trap so that swung it for us too.

We are so pleased we did, we booked 2 days in advance on the Internet with no problems. We were picked up very very early as I opted for the early flight but we knew it would be worth it. The bus takes you to Boulder City which is 30 mins from Vegas, the hotel pick ups are to be expected on an excursion too. When we got to the airport they checked us in and we waited about 30 minutes for our flight.

The captain and first officer come and get you and walk you to the plane,you have a photo with the captain and then climb on. The seats were comfy with enough leg room. There are large windows to look out of and even if you are in a middle seat you still get to see everything. There are Bose headphones with running commentary in various languages to highlight what you are seeing below.

Enroute we flew over Hoover Dam and Lake Mead,the views are just incredible from the plane. An hour later we were at the South Rim. You then jump on a coach and they take you to 2 different locations, I was worried we would be on the bus ages but we weren't. In each location you get 45 mins which is plenty of time to take in the amazing sights of the South Rim, if you want to go hiking your best to drive over!!!

They then take you back to the airport and we waited 20mins for flight back. Enroute back we saw the West Rim and the views they had and we were so pleased we picked the South Rim, it's so unspoilt and you see so much more. You can add on a helicopter if you want to and when you get to the South Rim instead of getting on the bus you get in a helicopter.

The ride back was quite bumpy which often happens in the afternoons but it didn't make anyone ill. When we got back they take you back to your hotel with up to half hour wait at the airport for your bus back.

We were so impressed and would recommend anyone to go to the South Rim and travel with Grand Canyon Airways.

4  Thank Ellsy83
Reviewed May 9, 2011

First we went on the plane ride and the service, view and experience was breathtaking. We got video and still shots that look professional.
After that wonderful experience, I was skeptical about the jeep ride but it turned out to be another unique experience of great service and hospitality by a native Navajo Indian, Leonard, who was a photo assistant, a superb tour guide and he even played the flute for us. A magnificent experience!
So, the rafting had to be a washout, I thought. Well, it ended up being more beautiful, indescribable scenery, another brilliant pilot/guide, Dave, and a peaceful trip to sights that were astonishing.
There was one challenge that we encountered: I lost my Iphone at one of the landings on the raft trip. We met with Monty Parsons of Grand Canyon Airlines who sent us to a special sight seeing place on land and I told my wife that that was the reason I had lost my cell phone- to find the special spot that Monty told us about. I was fine and the next day before we left the Grand Canyon, we got a call that they found my phone too.
FORGETTTABOUTITTTT!

4  Thank sobeachfrank
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We were picked up right on time at our hotel. We made a few more pickups and then proceeded in the very comfortable motor coach to the airfield. There we were seated in a very nice loung area with a snack bar, gift shop, restrooms, etc. while everyone was processed for their tours. Once all the West Rim trips left, we boarded our Beech 1900 for the trip to the South Rim. The pilots were very personable, and we had a great flight, and waiting right outside the door to the aircraft was a very friendly coach driver who took us to the lounge area. There we had a few minutes to visit the restrooms, and then we were off on the helicopter. We didn't make the front seat when the load was properly balanced, but as promised one of our seats was a window seat, which I gave to my wife. That being said, my seat in the middle still had a great view throughout the trip. We flew along the South Rim of the canyon, then across to the North Rim and back again. These views are something you just can't get from the overlooks! After the helicopter flight, we went by the same coach with the personable driver over to the Bright Angel Lodge, where we spent about 1.5 hours, which was enough time to enjoy many of the great vistas, grab a snack, and do some hiking. Oh, BTW, Maverick provided us with a tasty box lunch which was very filling in and of itself. After the Bright Angel Lodge we headed back to the airstrip, boarded the BeechCraft back to Vegas, and were shuttled back to our hotel in time for a leisurely afternoon by the pool. Maverick's drivers even took into account Friday afternoon traffic into the city, and took us to the hotel over uncongested side roads. What a great trip! The only downside to our tour was that everything and everyone was so great that I spent a lot more on tips than I had planned!

3  Thank markrob58