“One of the better restaurants within the National Park”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Arizona Room

Arizona Room
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Zurich, Switzerland
“One of the better restaurants within the National Park”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Food is good but not the best. There is too much sauce to the ribs. The Caesar's salad has an interesting twist. I liked that. The beans that came with ribs were kind of chewy, could be done a bit more. A very busy, popular place. We waited almost an hour to be seated. Comfortable, nice restaurant.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank SiuMui

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Witham, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

After spending all day walking this is the place to go for food the service is wonderful the food is lovely especially the ribeye steak and scrimp they cannot do enough for you I am just sorry they don't do breakfast

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Gabrielle L
“No character. Relies almost entirely on location.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé had the veggie "enchiladas" which were overcooked veggies wrapped in a tortilla with feta? cheese on top. And overcooked, soggy tasteless green beans on the side. Healthy but terribly bland and mushy - so much so that couldn't eat it - and overpriced at $14. I had the New York strip which was cooked perfectly and was delicious, but the rest of the meal was bland. Had the same soggy green beans and baked potato with butter. For. $24 I expected a little more character in our meal. My 6oz glass of wine was $9. I don't have a problem paying these prices but the 'bland' experience left us feeling ripped off.

That premium you pay for is the view (if it's daytime). As it was night, we had no view of the canyon, so our attention was in the details inside the restaurant. One of the first things we noticed was that almost all of the wait staff were older, Caucasian men who seemed out of place for a restaurant that serves $24 dishes and $9 glasses of wine . They were all very friendly and attentive, but they so were abruptly so that it felt very awkward. I don't fault them at all, they are nice people - but I think the rest of our experience was consistent with the service - trying hard perhaps, but falling short. The whole restaurant needs a big refresh. The decor seemed to have been updated in the 90s some time. Lots of wood, but painted light colours - and very monotone and bland like the food. None of the character that the nearby El Tovar hotel has.

A huge disappointment overall. Mostly because of the food.

• Visited January 2014
Huntington Beach, California
“Classic Rim Steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I love ending my trips at the GCNP with a hearty well prepared meal at the Arizona Room. It is one of my favorites. Great Meal! Go early - reservations are not taken. During high travel season it can be difficult to get a table, although I did spend an hour half one year sitting on the deck with friends having appetizers and watching the sun set over the canyon - not a bad option either.

Visited November 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Eat here - Have the Fillet Mignon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

From the outside, I wasn't sure this is where I wanted to dine, but it was cold, dark and we were hungry. However, what a little gem! The restaurant has a great view apparently, but we were eating on a winters evening. We were seated immediately, the restaurant was busy, but we were well looked after with friendly staff & the fillet mignon, is probably the best I have ever had, good value too. Eat here, but eat early, I don't think you can make reservations, and people were waiting to be seated by 6pm.

• Visited December 2013