2,521 results
All reviews western cabin pioneer cabin dining room porter service bright angel point in advance grand canyon rocking chairs sun room jacob lake gas fireplace these cabins double bed front porch ceiling fan dinner reservations your luggage
Reviewed June 28, 2006

The Grand Canyon Lodge was absolutley beautiful with breathtaking views of the canyon. The stone patio was inviting and stunning. The indoor viewing room was nicely masculine - with leather seating. The atmosphere was rustic and the furnishings replete with a western/woodsy theme. No lace, no fancy curtains, no purple & pink, no feminine touch, whcih as a woman, was inviting fo a change. The saloon had great drinks and ambiance and the restuarant was five star in our book! THe room was very nice with rustic charm, but I would have preferred to stay in a cabin - lesson here - is book a cabin early - a year in advance. May was a great time to go because it was not crowded at all. We are booking a cabin soon for our return trip in 2008!

Date of stay: May 2006
7  Thank LoveSnowInPA
Reviewed June 26, 2006

After getting permits for a rim to rim hike across the Grand Canyon we could not get a reservation at the Grand Canyon Lodge on the north rim. We had a reservation at the camp ground but wanted to start our hike refreshed. I called Xanterra several times and finally got a cancellation for a Western Cabin. The Xanterra crew was outstanding in their customer service, always helpful and pleasant. The cabin is just that. A CABIN. Don't expect anything more than that. You're on the north rim of the Grand Canyon, enjoy the view because you won't find a five star hotel up there. Beds were comfortable and rooms reasonably clean. Cabin is big with two bedrooms. One with a queen and twin, the other with two twins, seperated by a bathroom.The main lodge itself is beautiful and I won't even try to describe the view. Go there and see it for yourself. I see lots of comments about how bad the food is and I have to agree. It's pretty bad. Don't understand why the lodge doesn't respond with a new menu or chef. Breakfast buffet on the other hand was very filling and quality was excellent. Perfect way to start a five-day hike across the canyon. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2006
8  Thank Pioneer28700
Reviewed June 20, 2006

Four of us stayed for three nights in a Frontier cabin. Would recommend a larger Western cabin if you have more than 2 people, but the view was outstanding. Don't come here for the food. The Lodge restaurant is the only place to eat, other than a deli that's even worse. The restaurant staff is unprofessional and slow. The food is mediocre at best. Come here for the view, and bring your own picnic.

Date of stay: June 2006
10  Thank Vacation22988
Reviewed June 12, 2006

Visited for a few day in late May, 2006. Spectacular view and great old lodge ...architecture is remarkable. But that is it...restaurant food was mediocre at the best and the cabins were very dark and on the dirty side. Front porch looked as if it hadn't been swept or wiped clean for a year. And expensive to boot. It is virtually the only place in town unless you want to camp. We suggest you camp. Arroyo Grande.

6  Thank Asilo
Reviewed June 6, 2006

Four of us recently stayed one night at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. My husband and I had a Western Cabin (# 356) and it was great! Right on the Bright Angel Trail (also next to the visitors center, water and ice and the parking lot). It was a handicapped accessible cabin, very clean and comfy. For me, the North Rim is much much better than the South Rim. Less crowds, less development - I felt I could be "closer" to nature and the canyon there. The only small disappointment was the dining room - the staff seemed quite disorganized and overwhelmed during both dinner and breakfast. The food was okay, but not nearly as good as we found at the Bryce Canyon Lodge. But, the food is NOT the reason you go to a national park! The experience is truly amazing there!

Date of stay: May 2006