We just returned from 2 nights at the North Rim of Grand Canyon staying in a little frontier cabin.
My son and his son and my grand daughter and my husband and I rented a double cabin....in other words, it had a door ajoining the 2 rooms and we each had our own bathrooms. Contrary to many reviews, we were pleasaantly surprised with the condition of the cabin. The bathroom was updated and modern. They provided dispensers for shampoo and lotion and hand soap...surprised us ! The towels were thick and clean and the beds were very comfortable.
We brought our fold up chairs and sat out front on the small lawn space for cocktails. There was a ceiling fan with lights and one lamp on the desk. Do bring a head lamp if you plan to read in bed. We hauled a few coolers in and actually.....don't tell anyone, had a blow up mattress on the floor for my 3rd grand child as the rooms only accomodate 3 each. We were Very happy with the experience and hope we help those out there considering a Frontier Cabin to feel good about their decision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim