Stunning. Can't believe some of the rubbish people write about the simple things in life, and a flashback to another era...yes is a long drive through desert, forest and meadows but at the end is a natural wonderland of what America is about. North Rim presents the experience of a beautiful American lodge 30 's style, stunning views, great service and a restaurant that I couldn't fault, given the numbers it caters for, I had a beautifully cooked steak, but America generally does the best steaks anywhere.
North Rim, is what it is, remote, with one lodge done the American way. Not many other parts of the world could claim to run a lodge as well with a natural wonder on its doorstep. Yes, there are let downs, like the cafe/deli. The restaurant is the go, your on holidays. Just book on arrival. Other reviewers commented about limited food options.
The cabins are just log cabins, and rim side is not a canyon view, but there is enough literature on the forums calling this out. You'll wake up just before dawn as fellow cabin dwellers rise, making their way in the dark to the Lodge (100 to 200 metres away) to watch the sunrise. I stayed in the cot, was tempted, but snore land took hold with a long drive to LV in mind.
Didn't see the camping ground, so no comment there.
If thinking of a long self drive to the North Rim, go and enjoy what America does best...presenting things on a Grand Scale...and oh the drive off the 8000 ft plateau down through the desert with no name (I forgot), via Springdale (Desert Pearl Inn/Zion National Park) is worth it to. I'll be back.....when USA opens its doors again.....Don't try to find something that it can't be...otherwise stay in Las Vegas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim