“Eating with style”

El Tovar Lodge Dining Room
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The dinning room is amayzing for both lunch (the view) and dinner (the fire places) ... But only the room itself is wow: huge, with its indians painting, high cealing and historic flavour (turning 109 years today, Happy birthday)

The food is really good but the presentation is basic. Trout with orange and thym butter, grilled porkloin and its Apple and bacon compot, roasted duck in merlot dressing. Price is 25-30 $

The wine is good and affordable... Delicious Chardonay "Grand Canyon, California" for 25$

A real good experience and the only glamour place to Eat in winter (Arizona room is closed)

There are newer reviews for El Tovar Lodge Dining Room

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had breakfast here after watch ing sunrise over the grand canyon. The food was delicious and the staff were fantastic. Would defiantly recommend eating here.

1  Thank H_Sava
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The historical inn sets high expectations for this restaurant, the only one in Grand Canyon Village which needs reservation. Great service. The broccolini asparagus soup was however a bit overcooked and therfore disappointing. Even knowing soups in America generally tend to be thick and a bit overcooked, this is not what I expect from fine dining. The steak on the other hand was tasty, sumptuous and perfectly done to order. The red wine suggestion was correct in my view and a great fit with the meal. But the dessert topped everything and blew all fuses with me, making up for the missed starter. After pondering the crème brûlée and the chocolate taco filled with chocolate mousse, I went for the peanut and chocolate tartlet with whipped cream. As a Belgian I know chocolate very well and this was fabulous. And there were even more promisimg looking desserts to indulge in.

1  Thank willllll
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had a great experience at the El Tovar Dining Room. You can actually make reservations 6 months in advance. It probably wasn’t necessary in February, but we did make our reservations that early. We had hiked from the bottom of the canyon that day, so the El Tovar was a real treat. The food was great, as was the service.

1  Thank lojo34
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife and me went there for dinner. Service was great and food was very good. I had the pork special and my wife the lamb. We both liked the pork but the lamb was Ok.
Wine was good. Price is to high end but this is a special place...
I would return.